Labor of love

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Wklink

edpol

Post by edpol »

Robin's egg blue - Paint the entire car that color - engine, tranny, - everything, Then mix up three gallons of intercoat clear, with 3 tbsp. of gold flake. Spray that over the blue, then use a cherry red tinted clearcoat over that, and finally 3 coats of clear, block with 800 grit, two more coats of clear, cut and buff.
Now for the interior. Red dash and door panels, silver carpet, turquoise seats with chestnut vachette inserts.
After all that, plus all the other work, you'll get a couple of boatloads of offers for $500, and one from some weido for $50,000.
:lol:
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Sure your right. Oh Tay!
edpol

Post by edpol »

I'd probably end up puking on a car like that!
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

edpol

There would be no way to tell if you did.
edpol

Post by edpol »

:sign5: :sign5: :sign5: :sign5:

Forgot to mention earlier, the weirdo would want you to put the front end, rear end, brakes and hood back to original.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Not happening.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Nothing like new parts. I might as well sign my pay check over to The Birds Nest.

Steverino

Post by Steverino »

Nothing like new parts. I might as well sign my pay check over to The Birds Nest.
I know exactly how you feel. And it's a slippery slope - "Hmmm...while she's up in the air and I've got all this stuff off, I might as well fix the ______" ...and there goes another $100++ in parts. Insanity, I tell you.
Steve
'62 Landau

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"...
VTCI #11678
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Ya ... I am just glad I got the air ride, for the rear, a few months ago. That will go in as part of the re-assemly.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Talkin g about the next thing. This one will not cost much. This weekend I am going to get on the creeper and shoot the under side of the bird with a 3000 psi presure washer. Anyone have any ideas on undercoating?
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Well I just winged it. First I spayed the areas to be coated with solvent. This stuff from crest really works.

Now I am not talking about old undercoat, just the dirt and mud build-up that did not come off with the pressure washer. While the surface is still wet scrape with a razer scraper.

Bought 3 of them from Harbor Freight for cheap. Wipe down the surface that has not evaporated. Spray the undercoat and by the way, the Dupli-Color goes on thick and covers well.

Dusty

Post by Dusty »

The diff is off to Tom's Automotive for a new ring and pinion (3.70's). In the mean time pulling a leaf off each pack so the old girl will squat with the air ride.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

I was very tempted to paint this thing robin's egg blue. But I settled on silver hammer tone.

Dusty

Post by Dusty »

The rebuilt Traction-Lok diff with 3.70 gears, ready for install

Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Another pay-check and more parts from the birds nest. The 9" is in, just need to hook-up the air brackets and sway bar.

Disc Brakes will be here in a few days. More pics to come.