Mod's Tip O' The Day

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

TsNStangs

Mod's Tip O' The Day

Post by TsNStangs »

In the never-ending effort to make this the best gol-darned forum out there for fellow T-Birders (OK, it really is already; that was a vague attempt at sounding humble for the rest of them), I'll try to occasionally toss up a little something that you may not already know.
This is one that I see a lot, and it really takes very little to fix: quoting someone else's post inside your own, and not getting the proper dialogue/quotation box. Actually, the cause of this is a goofy glitch in the forum's software, but there's an easy way around it. I've been meaning to pass this along for a while, and I see our very own "Xetal" has been insightful enough to add this to the "Forum How-to" section already. I'm hoping it'll get a bit more notice here, especially since you guys have the busiest section on here.
OK, the problem lies in the first bracketed info that comes up when you've chosen to quote another poster in your post. It will look like this in your response box:
TsNStangs wrote: This ain't gonna work.
Most of you guys have seen this, huh? What you have to do is remove this part: ="TsNStangs" (or whoever it is you're quoting - their name will be there instead), leaving just [ quote ] at the beginning, with nothing else. The [ /quote ] at the end stays exactly as is. It should then look like this:

[ quote ] This'll get 'er done. [ /quote ]

Which will end up looking like this in your response:
This'll get 'er done.
Ta-daaaa! Much cooler, eh? Now you'll be da man (or, uh, woman, if you are one)! Women/men will adore you! Kids will worship you! Your car will be faster and shinier! You'll grow a thicker head of hair! :laughing6:
OK...probably not, but you will be lookin' professional and computer-savvy! :thumbleft:
~ Daniel
"I'm your huckleberry..."
VTCI #11333
Brian Harris

Re: Mod's Tip O' The Day

Post by Brian Harris »

In the never-ending effort to make this the best gol-darned forum out there for fellow T-Birders (OK, it really is already; that was a vague attempt at sounding humble for the rest of them), I'll try to occasionally toss up a little something that you may not already know.
This is one that I see a lot, and it really takes very little to fix: quoting someone else's post inside your own, and not getting the proper dialogue/quotation box. Actually, the cause of this is a goofy glitch in the forum's software, but there's an easy way around it. I've been meaning to pass this along for a while, and I see our very own "Xetal" has been insightful enough to add this to the "Forum How-to" section already. I'm hoping it'll get a bit more notice here, especially since you guys have the busiest section on here.
OK, the problem lies in the first bracketed info that comes up when you've chosen to quote another poster in your post. It will look like this in your response box:
TsNStangs wrote: This ain't gonna work.
Most of you guys have seen this, huh? What you have to do is remove this part: ="TsNStangs" (or whoever it is you're quoting - their name will be there instead), leaving just [ quote ] at the beginning, with nothing else. The [ /quote ] at the end stays exactly as is. It should then look like this:

[ quote ] This'll get 'er done. [ /quote ]

Which will end up looking like this in your response:
This'll get 'er done.
Ta-daaaa! Much cooler, eh? Now you'll be da man (or, uh, woman, if you are one)! Women/men will adore you! Kids will worship you! Your car will be faster and shinier! You'll grow a thicker head of hair! :laughing6:
OK...probably not, but you will be lookin' professional and computer-savvy! :thumbleft:

COOL!!! I was wondering why quote use was goofy here compared to other sites I visit. Thanks bro.

Cheers... Brian
`55 Ford F-100 Pick-up
`57 D-Bird Restomod
`62 Thunderbird Roadster
`68 Mercedes 280SL Pagoda
TsNStangs

Post by TsNStangs »

My pleasure - unfortunately, as you can see by your attempt to quote my post, there were already too many "quote" brackets in mine for it to work correctly. I promise if you quote a regular post, it'll work OK! ;-)
~ Daniel
"I'm your huckleberry..."
VTCI #11333
Brian Harris

Post by Brian Harris »

My pleasure - unfortunately, as you can see by your attempt to quote my post, there were already too many "quote" brackets in mine for it to work correctly. I promise if you quote a regular post, it'll work OK! ;-)
It believe you... it seems to work perfectly. :smile:

Cheers... Brian
`55 Ford F-100 Pick-up
`57 D-Bird Restomod
`62 Thunderbird Roadster
`68 Mercedes 280SL Pagoda
akbash

Post by akbash »

Hey, I do good just by logging on!
62 Roadster red/black,documented.