56 TBird Manual

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

dhobson

56 TBird Manual

Post by dhobson »

I have recently purchased a 56 TBird and would like to know what manuals other owners would recommend for first time owners. The car has been restored but needs minor repairs (i.e. electrical) as well as normal maintenance. I have the original owners manual and the 1956 Ford Manual. Thanks.
Alan H. Tast

Other manuals for '56 T-bird

Post by Alan H. Tast »

A copy of the Electrical Assembly Manual will be helpful. This is available from the major '55-'57 parts vendors like Larry's, Thunderbird Headquarters, etc. A wiring schematic is also sold as a large sheet for each year.

There are also reprints of Product Service Letters which will have little items that cropped up after the relase of shop manuals. A Soft Trim and Sealer Manual has also been reproduced, which will be helpful if trying to reupholster, install trim or seal up some dust/water leaks.

Other mauals solely for the automatic transmission and carburetor are also available, which may help the mechanic at the shop you take your car to.

First and foremost, I would recommend the Electrical Manual, then the Product Service Letters and the Trim and Sealer Manual. Quite frankly, I'd get them all, but then again I'm also a proponent that too much information isn't always a bad thing when it comes to old Thunderbirds.
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster