Need a lift in my garage

This area is open to any (no profanities/etc.) subject you would like to discuss. NO VENDOR FOR SALE ITEMS

Moderator: Terri McNeill

RossL

Need a lift in my garage

Post by RossL »

I am considering getting a lift for my garage. I have low ceiling and cannot fit a lift with posts. Is anyone using one of those scissor type lifts?

I would like to find something I can leave in place and drive over it when not is use.
55blacktie

Re: Need a lift in my garage

Post by 55blacktie »

That would be nice, but costly. I'm in the same boat, as I have a loft above my garage. There are some older homes near me that have a grease pit in the garage. I'm claustrophobic, so I don't think that would work for me. Occasionally, I hit the panic button (so to speak) and have to quickly crawl out from under my car; it's not fun.
ICON 1956

Post by ICON 1956 »

Found this one, at reasonable price :
https://randjautomotive.shop/product/66 ... -car-lift/
1956 Thunderbird Sage Green
1953 Ford Custom Liner Hot Rod With Flat 8 Motor with Henderson three 2 barrel Carbs
VTCI Member # 12309
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

I’ve looked at lifts on and off for years. There are tons of choices. Familiarize yourself with the Automotive Lift Institute (ALI) safety ratings. Very important for your lift to have their rating.
I lost my high ceilings in my shop when I retired and moved and now have 10ft. Can’t make a decision on a new lift or if I even need one now.
ward 57

Post by ward 57 »

I'm relegated to a floor jack and jack stands. I have just enough room to hang my hardtop from the rafters with the commonly available slings. I do use sliced pool noodles to protect the gaskets.
VTCI # 13223
289ace

Post by 289ace »

I have a friend that had a scissor lift in his old house and liked it, but I'm not sure of the make of it. When he moved, he left it behind and wished he brought it with him.

Bendpak makes a good product and has some scissor lifts, but also has what they call alignment lifts. They are shorter than regular lifts but I have never seen or used one so can't really comment on them other than they are shorter.

https://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/

If you have room outside, you can always put a lift outside.
Rusty57

Post by Rusty57 »

Consider the MxaJax 2 post.
Rusty
VTCI 13079
RossL

Post by RossL »

Rusty57 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:01 am Consider the MxaJax 2 post.
Not enough ceiling height or floor space for a post type
Rusty57

Post by Rusty57 »

https://www.maxjax.com/maxjax/

This is not a conventional 2 post.
Rusty
VTCI 13079