New owner of 64 hardtop!

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

Uk-Tbird

New owner of 64 hardtop!

Post by Uk-Tbird »

Hi everyone
New here, got my 64 t bird last year, she’s been in the garage for about 4 months having some previous cowboy work rectified.
The cowboy list was looooooong! 🤣🤣

Now she’s fixed and back home. Went on the first real drive today and it was fantastic! So smooth, picks up speed nicely considering the weight, drops gears great and overall just good to drive.

From a lot of digging, we have found out that the interior we have is 1 of 89, so that makes her even more special!

Anyway, hope to be a part of this community
Terry64HT

Re: New owner of 64 hardtop!

Post by Terry64HT »

Welcome!
You will find this is a great community with a wealth of knowledge in many aspects of these cars. We are always ready to help (if we can), so feel free to ask.
Post photos of your car, especially the interior that makes it unique. We all admire the examples out there.

Terry
64HT
64ZCODE

Post by 64ZCODE »

Hello there Uk-Tbird. Welcome to the forum and good to hear about your progress.

I'm curious about your "1 of 89" comment, I didn't know that interiors were numbered? Anyway, like Terry said, please post some photos, we're all curious!

Doug
1964 TBird Hardtop
1974 Porsche 914 2.0
Alan H. Tast

Post by Alan H. Tast »

64ZCODE wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:40 am Hello there Uk-Tbird. I'm curious about your "1 of 89" comment, I didn't know that interiors were numbered? Anyway, like Terry said, please post some photos, we're all curious.
What's the source of that claim? Out of over 90,000 '64s built, that's a hard number to take seriously. Claims like '1 of 89' usually are based on incomplete data or a very limited sampling of units. More context is wanted, please.
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster