Activating Lever only

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

BabyT64!1

Activating Lever only

Post by BabyT64!1 »

HEY GIRLS AND GUYS , LOVE THE CLUB ! OWNER OF 1964 THUNDERBIRD 'BABY T ' IS HER NAME ! ENJOY THE OLD CARS, DON'T MAKE EM LIKE THEY USED TO . HAD A NO START NO CRANK ISSUE WHICH ENDED UP BEING A BROKEN OR MISSING SAFETY NEUTRAL SWITCH LEVER ON THE STEERING COLUMN , SAW A VIDEO OF A 1966 THUNDERBIRD WHICH SHOWED THIS LEVER BEING TAKEN OFF AND PUT BACK ON , ANYBODY KNOW OF SUCH A PIECE CAUSE I CAN'T FIND THIS LEVER ANYWHERE . ANY REPLY OR INPUT WOULD GREATLY BE APPRECIATED !! KEEP THE BIRDS ALIVE & THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP THE CLUB MEMBERS GIVE TO ME AND EVERYONE !!
abaucom

Re: Activating Lever only

Post by abaucom »

I have a 1966 and I bought a new shift lever last year from one of the T-Bird parts vendors listed on this site. Think I paid about $110 for it. Not sure what it cost to have it installed but it wasn't complicated.
T-Bird Registry #19119
1966 T-Bird convertible
2011 Camaro 2LT
jtschug

Post by jtschug »

It seems like one person is talking about the shifter lever and the other person is talking about the little lever on the steering column that pushes on the NSS.

For that little one, you will need to get it used. Contact your favorite T-bird parts vendor and ask if they have used parts.
1966 Thunderbird Convertible (Emberglo / White-Emberglo)
Modified 428 - stroked, rollercam, aluminum top end, headers
Livermore, CA
RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

Yes it appears that there is a bit of confusion, and TWO different answers and part locations.

Baby T in your post you refer to a steering column but the text is a bit confusing and leads to the NSS lower down the column at your toe level under the dash. OR on the column up by the steering wheel? If you are asking of the shifter lever on the column up by the steering wheel, you can remove your existing one and repair it, or buy new from one of our vendors who support the VTCI.

Can you clearify where you are speaking of the location of the lever.

If it is the actual NSS at the lower level of the column, sorry to say you will need to find a used one, as they are no longer made.

Once you detail of the item of need, let us know and we will help in any way we can.
Also do a search on this Forum for other posts of your needs. This library has been collecting info for MANY years and has almost every subject asked before.
CDN Member since 1975 #2086
Flock: 1964 Landau Original Family Owned
1964 Sr Convertible "RAVEN"
Past: 2003 Blk Lab "RAVEN" "RIP"Nov 15/17
1964 Lincoln vin4Y86N00007
1964 Red Convertible