62 roadster replacement dash lighting

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

Mvs62bulletbird

62 roadster replacement dash lighting

Post by Mvs62bulletbird »

I am looking for information at help to pull by dash lights and replace them the whole dash doesn’t light up at all and is there any way to check the power source going to the dash lights either through an individual fuse, or the fuse bank without taking the drivers seat out so there’s more room to work.

Has anyone put new dash lights to the 62 thunderbird convertible roadster and if so, do you have any pictures of what you went through any experience that you could share or that you would change when you did it from now moving forward .

Looking for location for the dash light fuses, and the easiest way to access that.

Any and all information and or pictures shared would be fantastic on how to accomplish this.

Also, my windshield wipers are not working and the fuse is fine going to the windshield wipers. I found that, but I pulled the stereo out of it and can verify the fuse is good,

With the car running, I can see no power going to the wipers, but I could be missing something and on the wiper knob it looks like it just pulls in and out. It doesn’t rotate to do its job if that’s correct I’m not quite sure.

I’m looking down through the speaker on the dash to see the wiper motor and the in-line fuse. All this help would be fantastic. You have no idea how much I would appreciate it. You’re welcome to PM me and again I really thank you all for your time by restoration/bringing everything up-to-date would’ve not been as successful as it has been without you guys as help. The thing is none of this necessary. If I just drove it I’m beautiful days with no rain ha ha I just wanna get it all working for the fact that it should as part of that update and restoration of the car. Keep it as factory original as possible.

Thank you !!
Michael