Seat Brackets

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

BSm1tty64

Seat Brackets

Post by BSm1tty64 »

Hi All

Our 64 Bird seats are torn up and the foam is crumbling out the bottom of the seat. So winter project time.

I've been searching high and low in Ontario for a parts car, or someone selling complete seats, but no luck.

The covers and foam I have found in a few places, but found another possible option, just not sure if it is in fact an option.

https://www.musclecarsandclassics.ca/in ... drest-left

These are technically for Mustangs, but have a similar style from what I've seen. Problem is they dont have a bracket specifically for a TBird. Do you know if any other cars seat brackets would fit with these? Mustang maybe? Also didnt see any galaxie brackets.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for aftermarket seats that have a similar style? Not looking to get into bucket/race type seats.

Any help is appreciated.

* I did do a search, but didnt find anything posts that looked relevant.

Thanks
kevindeluca66

Re: Seat Brackets

Post by kevindeluca66 »

As Alan suggested in a different discussion today try contacting those T-bird parts vendors that help support VTCI and this Forum/website which deal in used parts. Chances are very good that they may have an original one on the shelf or on a parts car.
A 66 Thunderbird is cool. A Sapphire Blue 66 is a beautiful car. The 428 engine completes the package.
VTCI#10019 Member since 2002, parents have been members since I was 11 years old.
losendos

Post by losendos »

Why not just get new seat foam and covers for your original seats? It would be simpler and probably cheaper overall than trying to fit the Mustang or some other seats. All the big Tbird vendors carry the upholstery.
-Patrick
1966 Town Hardtop
VTCI #12691
Past Birds: 1986 Turbo Coupe 5-speed, 1965 Convertible
kevindeluca66

Post by kevindeluca66 »

A whole new seat for $720 is probably cheaper than covers,cushions, and labor. I say this because I bought seat foam for my 66 passenger seat with recliner for $200 and now the labor to install it is $300. My covers are in great shape but I think those are around 250 per seat.
A 66 Thunderbird is cool. A Sapphire Blue 66 is a beautiful car. The 428 engine completes the package.
VTCI#10019 Member since 2002, parents have been members since I was 11 years old.