Sun visor mounting brackets

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1980-89 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
Dave 82 Heritage

Sun visor mounting brackets

Post by Dave 82 Heritage »

Both of my visors sag badly. The mounting/pivot brackets need replacing or repaired. Any help in fixing this would be greatly appreciated.
mcm51

Re: Sun visor mounting brackets

Post by mcm51 »

Got no fix dave, I know exactly what your talking about..back in the day the easy fix was to just replace the whole visor and all ya had to worry about was weather ya got new screws with your visor or how bad your screw holes were tore up..so that brings me to today, I too have needed a driver's visor for years now, my passenger is still holding up pretty well, so hears the scoop as far as I know it, ya can't find a new replacement at a decent price from any company, I just don't think my T-bird is old enough or enough demand,for new market ones, BUT, it's a wonder that someone like TMI would'nt make them new for your older Bird, I'm pretty sure you can get them for '79 and older....anyway I've been eyeing up this visor business for a while watching for a drivers for mine, come across a Ford service new in the box for $120. a couple years ago, I passed at the time because of the price but now think I should have jumped all over it cause I'll never find another new one.........In your case, 20 years ago, places that re-do seats, would have the equipment to refurbish visors, got to go to big city to find those places............If you come acrosss anything new in a box, let us all know.......
'95 Thunderbird LX 4.6
'86 Mustang SVO 2.3 Turbocharged
'84 Mustang GT-350 5.0 H.O.
VTCI #12973
U.S. Army 194th Armor Ft. Knox, Ky. 1977
Dave 82 Heritage

Re: Sun visor mounting brackets

Post by Dave 82 Heritage »

I found these at Dennis Carpenter Site:
https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/produc ... -6204144-d
Sun Visor Arm and Bracket - LH or RH - Chrome
- 1962-64 Ford Galaxie
Part #: C2AZ-6204144-D
Sun Visor Arm and Bracket - LH or RH - Chrome - 1962-64 Ford Galaxie
In Stock
$39.95 ea.

They requires you to drill the top hole, however they work great and my visors no longer droop or sag. The bottom holes fit just fine. I don't beieve any would ever notice they are not original!

Good lock