head light switch shaft button

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

jbk772211

head light switch shaft button

Post by jbk772211 »

getting to old search... got a new headlight switch, is the shaft button on the top or bottom of switch??
Jimntempe

Re: head light switch shaft button

Post by Jimntempe »

It's on the side with all the connectors, right in the middle of them all.
headlight switch showing A terminal new clean tbird 1957.jpg
jbk772211

Post by jbk772211 »

got the switch just wanted to know if the button is on the top when in the car then installed
55Greg&Amy

Post by 55Greg&Amy »

Yes, the wiring and button are on the top when installed in the dash.
Greg Minnich
Kendallville, IN
55blacktie

Post by 55blacktie »

youtube.com/results?search_query=1955+ford+thunderbird+headlight+switch shows the wire connections and button facing the driver's side with the switch installed on a 55. I can take a look at my 55 later (100+ degrees in my garage right now), if needed, but I don't think my switch is installed with the connections and button facing upwards. I don't think it matters, but I would install the switch in such a way that it allows for the easiest routing and connecting of the wires.

I must have OCD. I checked my switch, and it's installed with the connectors & button on top. I installed the new switch, but I was more concerned about making sure that the wires were connected properly, removing one wire at a time from the old switch and connecting it to the new.
ward 57

Post by ward 57 »

Yes the connections should be up. Less bending and orienting the wires. There should be a detent when the switch is mounted correctly. It also keeps the switch from rotating in use.
VTCI # 13223
klogsdonjr

Post by klogsdonjr »

Casco hand makes a jumper rewire that enables your parking lights to stay on when the headlights are on. Might be the funnest upgrade I've made.
Ken
'56 Thunderbird 312 black/tuxedo
(originally sold in Louisville, KY)
Oiseau DeTonnere

Post by Oiseau DeTonnere »

klogsdonjr wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:45 am Casco hand makes a jumper rewire that enables your parking lights to stay on when the headlights are on.
This is actually a requirement for running the car here in Switzerland - I installed the kit and it works fine.
Black/red 1957 Thunderbird D-code