pcv location on a '97

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1990-97 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
smokeswiffox

pcv location on a '97

Post by smokeswiffox »

Where is the pcv valve located on a '97 thunderbird v8?
mcm51

Re: pcv location on a '97

Post by mcm51 »

If I recall correctly, it's on the driver's side, about halfway down the motor, about in the center. ya gotta get your face down there pretty close to see it or maybe ya even had to move a hose or something with your hand to see it...........went through that with my V8, I know it's the hardest pcv I ever had to find on all the ford's I have ever owned.....If I'm wrong on location, try pass. side, mid-way about half way down.....but like I said, I had to get my face about 2 feet from the motor to find mine AND maybe move a hose out of the way by hand....
'95 Thunderbird LX 4.6
'86 Mustang SVO 2.3 Turbocharged
'84 Mustang GT-350 5.0 H.O.
VTCI #12973
U.S. Army 194th Armor Ft. Knox, Ky. 1977
mcm51

Post by mcm51 »

Provided it's in the same location as my '95 V8....I know they moved your throttle body foward, that may have changed location or may not.
'95 Thunderbird LX 4.6
VTCI #12973
smokeswiffox

Post by smokeswiffox »

Thank You! yea i took my car to firestone to get 2 tires put on, and i saw in the invoice it said " manufacture recommendation: " removed pcv. so trying to make sure they either put it back..or replaced it.
mcm51

Post by mcm51 »

Only thing I can think of a connection with what that invoice said, like Ford recommends PCV change or something, IF you still have your maintenance schedule booklet that came in your T-bird zip-up pouch, it probably shows a pcv replacement at 60-80k, not sure at what mileage, my booklet is out in the car, BUT that's probably where Firestone came up with that Ford recommendation on that pcv...I may be even more correct on that IF your Bird is around that mileage............P.S. If Firestone EVER changes your battery, please make sure to tell them to make sure they put your battery post covers back on, Firestone has a habit of throwing them out during battery changes........
'95 Thunderbird LX 4.6
VTCI #12973
smokeswiffox

Post by smokeswiffox »

Thank you! that does make sense, my mileage is at 70k, i doubt ill be going back to firestone they way over charged me.
mcm51

Post by mcm51 »

OK, I was looking at something else under my hood, AND there it was, the PCV, passenger side valve cover, right on top right, right in the middle, two black rubber hoses coming off the top of it.....I went ahead and pulled mine out and shook it, it did'nt move as freely as I though it should, guess I'll be putting a pcv in mine pretty soon !! Sorry I could'nt steer ya better on that pcv location, I own ya a better answer on your next question for sure.........
'95 Thunderbird LX 4.6
VTCI #12973
smokeswiffox

Post by smokeswiffox »

well heres one :P
help please '97 V.8 thunderbirdEditDeleteReportQuote

Post Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:01 pm

so while driving my '97 thunderbird all of a sudden my ac quit working and my rpms wernt moving at all, and the vehicle started sputtering, it was still kind of moving but could not accelerate. then when i parked the car and turned it off it would not start again. i plugged a code reader in byt it only gives a p1443 which is just the purge flow sensor. i tried jumping it, and nothing, i checked the fuses and they all look fine. does anyone have any suggestions of what the issue might be. any advice would be appreciated 
mcm51

Post by mcm51 »

What's the latest on your issue ?? off the road and back in the driveway I hope, But I've never heard of AC going down first then the car dies and will not restart...you mentioned checking fuses, give them under the hood fuses a real good look AND the only other thing I can think of off hand that would keep it from starting is that "ccrm" or "ircm" box that turns everything on when your cranking up...Turns on I think, fuel pump, ignition, can't think of the other thing BUT would be a little strange that box went out right at the same time you lost your AC, OR these two issues are not related..just happened at the same time.............
AC could be anything from "under hood" fuse to low freon charge, has it been blowing cold before this happened ?
Now on that box I was talking about that turns on some vital stuff, it's located just in front of the air filter box, going from memory, it's a square black box about the size of your hand with only one plug-in that has a zillion wires going in it and I believe it has a small bolt keeping that plug plugged in........It boils down to that box has like three high voltage fuses in it that I'm pretty sure that each are replaceable if one want's to go that route.....easy to just swap the whole box.....
Keep us informed.................
'95 Thunderbird LX 4.6
VTCI #12973
smokeswiffox

Post by smokeswiffox »

THANK YOU for your detailed response, your amazing!