67 Interior/Exterior Color Combinations

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1967-71 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
455hota

67 Interior/Exterior Color Combinations

Post by 455hota »

I have scoured the internet and as of now been unable to find a chart that lists the available interior colors, that could be ordered for each exterior paint color on the 1967 Ford Thunderbird carline.

Does anyone have such a document or chart? I can find lists of the exterior color options, and separate lists of the interior color choices, but I can not find any cross referenced list showing what color combinations were allowed on the 67 Thunderbird.

Maybe any exterior color could be ordered with any interior color??? If so there could have been some really wild cars ordered!!!

Again any help is greatly appreciated....
...Steve T.
1967 Thunderbird Fordoor Dk.Green Metallic with Saddle Interior
1970 Trans Am
1966 GTO
1979 Lincoln Continental
2017 Challenger Scatpack Shaker
Alan H. Tast

Re: 67 Interior/Exterior Color Combinations

Post by Alan H. Tast »

455hota wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:47 pm I have scoured the internet and as of now been unable to find a chart that lists the available interior colors, that could be ordered for each exterior paint color on the 1967 Ford Thunderbird carline.

Does anyone have such a document or chart? I can find lists of the exterior color options, and separate lists of the interior color choices, but I can not find any cross referenced list showing what color combinations were allowed on the 67 Thunderbird.

Maybe any exterior color could be ordered with any interior color??? If so there could have been some really wild cars ordered!!!

Again any help is greatly appreciated....
We have interior/exterior color combination charts prepared for VTCI's 1967-1971 Original Factory Specifications (OFS) manual, which has not yet been released as we're in need of people to help assist in its research, development and assembly. From time to time we include items like this in VTCI's Thunderbird Scoop magazine, but it's been a long time since we've had excerpts from the OFS working copies in the Scoop. Quite frankly, there hasn't been much interest over the past 20+ years for a '67-'71 OFS, but today's your lucky day - it just so happens I have a working/preliminary copy of the '67 interior/color combination chart that I'm attaching as a JPG copy. Merry Christmas.
1967 Interior-Exterior Color Combinations (from VTCI's 1967-71 Original Factory Specifications Manual (working copy))
1967 Interior-Exterior Color Combinations (from VTCI's 1967-71 Original Factory Specifications Manual (working copy))
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster
455hota

Post by 455hota »

Alan
You have truly given me my own special "Christmas Miracle" !!! I have been looking for this info for a long time!! Again thanks so much!!!

My 67 Fordoor is Ivy Green exterior with a black vinyl roof, and the saddle interior color. The Ivy Green is just not growing on me. I love the interior Saddle color and the black vinyl roof is timeless, but I am not an Ivy Green fan. My car needs a respray, and I am thinking of choosing a different factory exterior color, that better compliments the saddle interior and black vinyl roof. That is why I wanted the info you so graciously provided me.

Does anyone have any opinions of other factory colors that might look good with my Saddle interior and black vinyl roof? If you have pictures, I would love to see them. Thanks in advance.

PS here is my 67 Fordoor:
64401743080__79983C85-0854-4855-8BC0-B1FE52AC7BE8.JPG
IMG_0069.JPG
...Steve T.
1970 Trans Am
1966 GTO
1979 Lincoln Continental
TbirdIntender

Post by TbirdIntender »

It's a nice-looking car. I'd say you couldn't go wrong with black or white.

Otherwise, the brown/beige/yellow spectrum might be the place to look.

Let us see some before/after pictures when you're done!
1966 Town Hardtop in sapphire blue
VTCI #13000
455hota

Post by 455hota »

I do agree with you on white or black as the best choices given the black top and saddle interior.
I am waiting for a 67 paint chip sample card I ordered to try and see as close to real sample of all the colors.
Black as always looks great on a Tbird, but the prep work must be near perfect to pull it off. And I already have 3 black cars in the fleet! Thanks for your comments!
Still thinking it over... Steve
...Steve T.
1970 Trans Am
1966 GTO
1979 Lincoln Continental
TbirdIntender

Post by TbirdIntender »

You know, after I posted my reply, I really had the thought that red would look good too. Of course, reds are the most troublesome and expensive to paint, but it would be unique in that color combination for sure.
1966 Town Hardtop in sapphire blue
VTCI #13000