Self-Tuning Injectors For 1962 390 FE

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Wklink

raylinds

Self-Tuning Injectors For 1962 390 FE

Post by raylinds »

I just ordered this Speedmaster EFI self-tuning system for my '62 convertible. I wanted to go for a somewhat period correct look. The primary motivation was better mileage and reliability rather than a big increase in power. Plus I love the way they look.

I am also getting the dual sync distributor that goes with the system. I am not sure I am up to the task of installing myself, but would like to try. I will report back.

Ray
sacredsteel

Re: Self-Tuning Injectors For 1962 390 FE

Post by sacredsteel »

Nice! I was looking at these as well. Let us know when you get it installed and set up.
What are you going to run for a fuel pump?
raylinds

Post by raylinds »

sacredsteel wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:21 am Nice! I was looking at these as well. Let us know when you get it installed and set up.
What are you going to run for a fuel pump?
I am probably going with the In-tank kit that goes with the FAST system. External pumps need to be placed lower than the lowest point of the fuel tank and are noisy. The in-tank pumps just require drilling a few holes about 1/2" in the top of the tank near the hole for the fuel gauge sending unit.

I will probably be working on this over the next few months and will post updates and pictures of the project.
Privateer

Post by Privateer »

Wow that will look amazing. Excited to hear about your install and see some pictures!
LeonardK

Post by LeonardK »

Any updates on this?