Portable Spot Light

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

ICON 1956

Portable Spot Light

Post by ICON 1956 »

I was on the hunt for Accessories for the 56, I already found and installed the tissue dispenser, I just found and purchased the Portable Spot Light in the original box ! Part No. B6A-18148-A
Attachments
Complete Spot Light kit
Complete Spot Light kit
Spot light plug
Spot light plug
Original Box
Original Box
1956 Thunderbird Sage Green
1953 Ford Custom Liner Hot Rod With Flat 8 Motor with Henderson three 2 barrel Carbs
VTCI Member # 12309
Rusty57

Re: Portable Spot Light

Post by Rusty57 »

That is quite a unique accessory! Great find! It appears to be in very good condition.

I was trying to determine if that was the original wire/cord. It appears to be 18 gauge lamp cord. It sure looks original due to the way it is connected to both the base of the light and and the lighter socket plug.

Now for the big question. Do you plug it in to determine if it operates? Sort of the same dilemma with a bottle of vintage wine. Is it more valuable unopened or do you just enjoy it?
Rusty
VTCI 13079
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

Icon, I believe you are ok on the cord. I’ve seen a few of these over the years including one last week at a car show, 56 Mercury with one in the trunk. Same exact cord set up. I see Thomas Sestak as the supplier on the box label. I’ve bought many parts from them on their eBay store for restorations over the years. Had no idea about the long history.
ICON 1956

Post by ICON 1956 »

Answer to your question, I have contacted him. We spoke of the NOS items he has. That is the real deal. I also have looked it up in Ford's "Blue Bible". We also spoke of memory's our love for German Shepherds. He recently lost his.
I'm expecting the Spot light tomorrow. I will examine carefully hopefully there are no tears in the cord, I will try it to see if it works. I will get back to show a few pictures working.
1953 Ford Custom Liner Hot Rod With Flat 8 Motor with Henderson three 2 barrel Carbs
VTCI Member # 12309
ICON 1956

Post by ICON 1956 »

This is an addition to the previous post. I received the Portable Spot Light yesterday. It came in perfect condition. I first pushed in my cigar lighter to see if it worked, Yes it did. Before plugging in the receptacle from the Spotlight I used fine emery cloth to remove the tarnish from the contacts. Turned on the car inserted into the cigar lighter and flip the switch WOLA ! This is the real deal there are these orange tags on the brown wires in three places. I was very lucky to find this original Spotlight with the tags stuck on the cord and 12v stamped on the lens. The PO bought it at the Hershey swap meet over 45 years ago and never used it. Placed in his basement and forgot it till he needed to clean out the basement.
Attachments
Three orange tags with writing stuck on the brown cord in three places.
Three orange tags with writing stuck on the brown cord in three places.
Notice the 12V stamped on the lens from the manufacturer
Notice the 12V stamped on the lens from the manufacturer
VTCI Member # 12309
Rusty57

Post by Rusty57 »

Excellent! That is definitely a great find!
Rusty
VTCI 13079