How much would you pay for something like this

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1958-60 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
thunderlightning

How much would you pay for something like this

Post by thunderlightning »

Hi guys!!

Ive had several classic cars but never a Tbird! I am on the hunt and am wondering if you think this is a good deal/ what you would recommend I place as my bid.

https://www.clasiq.com/auction/1956-ford-thunderbird-1/

Thanks for the help!!!
ICON 1956

Re: How much would you pay for something like this

Post by ICON 1956 »

The car does need some work, I would not bid more than $6500. It's a project car. If you have the time space to work on it plus the budget. It will cost you... I n the video I did hear a tapping noise. I would not believe that only 61,00 thousand miles, The undercarriage would need work, engine bay, interior, I would not buy a car in this condition unless I was there to inspect it myself. BTW I would only pay between 4 to 5 thousand.
1956 Thunderbird Sage Green
1953 Ford Custom Liner Hot Rod With Flat 8 Motor with Henderson three 2 barrel Carbs
VTCI Member # 12309
Joe Johnston

Post by Joe Johnston »

I agree with ICON and his recommendation. First off, IMO, you need to decide what your goals would be for this car. A complete restoration (expensive)? A resto mod (also expensive)? Drive it as is? NEVER buy a vintage vehicle without personally inspecting it! Inspect what you can't see - under the trunk mat, under the carpet, the underside of the car, look for rust or ask for receipts or repair pictures. Always better to pay more and get a better car UNLESS you are able and willing to bring the car up to your level of expectations. Parts and paint is very expensive, but so is labor. You must be able to do as much work yourself as possible. Cars are not a profitable investment, we are in this as a hobby and we enjoy vintage vehicles. Best of luck.
PLEASE invest a few bucks and buy all the shop manuals for your car. Definitely will save you much time and be an education.

55-57 VTCI Forum Moderator
57 Inca Gold-Colonial White
63SR Silver Mink
JimCunn

Post by JimCunn »

That's not a 56
ICON 1956

Post by ICON 1956 »

You are correct, He was looking at a Square Bird 59 ..... The Title writing is printed wrong.
1956 Thunderbird Sage Green
1953 Ford Custom Liner Hot Rod With Flat 8 Motor with Henderson three 2 barrel Carbs
VTCI Member # 12309