Scarletts last dress. Shes getting a new two peice

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1967-71 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
ClintonBurns

Scarletts last dress. Shes getting a new two peice

Post by ClintonBurns »

My 71 which sat under trees for a nearly 15 years before I rescued get from the second owner ... I cleaned it, pealed the nasty top, fixed the roof , a carb and tune up .... 30,miles around town then lit out for a 1200 mile move. At 36k original miles she ran like the torque beast she is but the rear gears are not highway friendly and that 30gallon tank made me cry filling it at 4 bucks a gallon. But I dont think of it as miles per gallon but S.P.G smiles per gallon and its all right with me!

7 years later she just hit 50k and she is stripped down save the glass... Found every trimpeice for a 67 interior minus changing the actual instrument cluster. I will be dying the blue dashboard black and adding the stainless along with Swapping the doorpanels front and rear...adding the consol stainless and rear tray trim. ( working to custom the consul to have at least 1 fking cup holder but I still dream to put a 4speed perhapa a 5 in this given the funds to find one.)

She will be slightly brighter than the moonstone...between that and a lapis... The top offwhite to match the 6way power seat inserts. My passagner bucket is great but drivers needed some love and for the price of 2 cheap sets of seat covers I found 6way leather bucket seats which will still be able to have the original lower surround used I think This leaves me time to save get the original bucket seats and the rear wraparound done. Having gotten a black rear with a load of parts I am able to save up and have fresh everything if anything happens.
It was hard to source a jack... But I got the hook found! I am trying to have everything even if its no longer stock. Ive been able to find the right rear corner brights for lower moldings and the roofline lower trim piece being 1 year only it wasn't easy and the only way I was going to be able to two tone as anyone knows peeling the top off shows just how sloppy they were and wow the channel for the quarter window delete area was atrocious,.
I want to give her a bit of a proper rake, I need to find patterns for the trunks cardboard and plan to sequential signal lights.
Anyway here she is a few years after I first slammed her back on the road. This time shes getting extra care. There are so very few that wernt crusher bait in the early and mid 90s.

****If anyone knows if there is a source for floor metals front and trunk... Id like to go that route for the little that needs done than just flat patches as I dont have a wheel to add that strength. Even if something interchangeable. I understand 70 and 71 changed,due to being the first full framed thunderbird and were. Channeled that touch lower.

Crossing fingers springtime I can show her off again.

Best to everyone
Semper Fi
Clinton
Attachments
6way leather seats
6way leather seats
My TBird 1st repaint.png
My TBird 2ndVeiw.png