sequence turn signal connections

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

JimB66thunderbird

sequence turn signal connections

Post by JimB66thunderbird »

My turn signal sequencer stopped working and upon investigation I saw two connections on the sequencer that are not connected to anything, one is a two pin connector with brown wire and brown with grey stripe wire. the other is a four pin connector with an orange wire, a yellow and orange stripe wire, a yellow wire and another yellow wire. I have included a picture that includes the two connections. Are they suppose to be connected to anything? I have included another picture that shows another sequencer that was bolted down to the metal in the trunk with the word bad painted on it and separate from the three packaged together. It has a few connections that are still connected to wires running into the car.
Next, the gas gauge has also stopped working and never moves from the empty position. How do I check that? The manual doesn't say anything about testing the sending unit. Any help appreciated.
Attachments
20190814_191548.jpg
20190814_191429.jpg
JimB66thunderbird

Re: sequence turn signal connections

Hello again, I have bench tested the module marked bad and it works fine, the cam rotates and sends a signal to each contact correctly. I tested the circuit breaker and fuse and they are good. My problem seems to come from the steering wheel switch. The orange wire with a yellow stripe does not have power in it when I turn the key to acc. I do not know where to trace that back to. Can someone tell me where I can trace the steering wheel orange with the yellow stripe wire back to? I would guess it goes to the turn signal relay mounted on the column support but I have not been able to locate where the column support is. After reading the article Sequential turns: an in depth look ,I am still a little confused, is the sequencer the module that is bolted down to the metal in the trunk which is separate from the three modules that are bundled together? On that separate module there are a brown wire and a brown striped wire connector. And then a 4 pin connector with three yellow wires and an orange wire, Are they all connected to matching connectors? The same with the white box module that is part of the three module group, Are those same type wires connected to anything? Any help would be appreciated.
JBird66

Post by JBird66 »

Hi Jim,
I'm sympathizing with your non working lights,,,had a similar problem. I'm not the one to offer any solutions cause i know zero about this stuff. I'm sure the good people here will be along shortly to help ..once you've sweat it out a little. What i do know is that one of the the three modules in the pack is the same as the one bolted to the floor...the sequencer. You only need one and it should be in the pack. It explains why the one in the pack it isn't hooked up. The one bolted to the floor should be in the pack. I'm a simpleton when it comes to this stuff. Why not try changing the plugs to the one in the pack and see what happens? Or take the one out of the pack and place the one bolted on the floor in the pack. This is as much as i can help. I would follow the 'in depth look" article ..which it seems you are doing. All your bulbs are in working order?
Regards, Joe B.
Hamilton, Ontario
'Nothing is as far away as a minute ago' J.Bishop
JimB66thunderbird

I am asking for someone to tell me where the steering wheel support column is. Is it in the interior under the dash or in the engine compartment? I need to locate it to check the relays that are attached to it. Im looking for the stop light switch, and the turn signal relay. Thanks for the help.