Horn wiring problem

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

paulmwells

Horn wiring problem

Post by paulmwells »

When I used a puller to get my steering wheel off my 57 the puller pushed the brass button down inside the steering column so now my horn won't work. I was able to get the brass button and the metal casing that houses it out but I can't get the button out of the housing. Any ideas?
Lester

Re: Horn wiring problem

Post by Lester »

Scrap it and get a new one....Better off.

Good Luck,
Lester
paul2748

Post by paul2748 »

Before you pull the wire all the way out, attached a long string or a thin wire to it so you can pull the new one down.
1956 Fiesta Red 312
1954 Ford Victoria 312
1948 Ford Convertible Street Rod 302
paulmwells

Post by paulmwells »

Okay I will get a new horn wire. I looked under the dash and I can't find where it attaches. I tried pulling on the old one as I looked under the dash but I could not see any wires moving.
1957Birdman

Post by 1957Birdman »

The horn wire goes down through the steering column and exits through the steering box. The wire attaches under the hood to the wiring loom. That is why it is important when you pull the old one out that you attach another wire or string that you can use to pull the new wire down an through the steering column. The wire should be removed by pulling it from the steering wheel side.
Regards,
Lew Bachman
1957 Colonial White