2002-2005 thunderbid

This area is for posting questions/information concerning the newest generation year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: VicRattlehead

tbirdnut

2002-2005 thunderbid

Post by tbirdnut »

Hi Everyone
I just have a few quistions,I am looking to buy a 2002-2005 thunderbirdI heard from a ford dealer that one of the t-birds has a air leak near the conv. top and makes a lot of noise when driving,So I was wondering if there were any rare colols I should look for ,What is the difference between the base model and premiem model any rare options to look for.
Thanks a lot
Tbird nut
58 t-bird
73 t-bird
78-t-bird
kevindeluca66

Post by kevindeluca66 »

Every year of that generation had a one year only color and a special edition. I dont know which is which but there was an edition for Nieman Marcus, James Bond and an Aniversary edition for 2005.Premium editions had 2 tone interiors among other things.
A 66 Thunderbird is cool. A Sapphire Blue 66 is a beautiful car. The 428 engine completes the package.
VTCI#10019 Member since 2002, parents have been members since I was 11 years old.
04TBSteve

Information about Retro (2002-2005) Thunderbirds

Post by 04TBSteve »

The best source for information on the Retros is the wonderful website called: thunderbirdnest.com. You can find ANYTHING you want to know here. FYI, the special editions were in 2002, Neiman Marcus (200 made), 2003, James Bond 007 (700 made...which is 007 reversed), 2004, Pacific Coast Roadster (1000 made) and 2005, Cashmere Edition (1500 made). I have owned three Retros and have never heard of a water leakage problem. Special editions usually sell for $25,000 or so with low mileage but regular models can be found on Autotrader or Cars.com for under $20,000. Happy hunting!
Randy Mattson

2002 - 2005

Post by Randy Mattson »

I don't know of any top leakage either. My 2005 is just fine.
As for rare colors, the rarest is Inca Gold, it's a yellow shade.
All the stats you want to know, and more, can be found at www.portholeauthority.com.
Good luck with your search. I like mine.
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Ben Franklin
computerlen

Re: 2002-2005 thunderbid

Post by computerlen »

About the water leakage problem- Last summer I encountered it after a heavy rainfall overnight. It's a 2003 T-Bird. I know that my collapsible top needs replacing. It's expensive but necessary. I am guessing that this was the cause. No doubt the wind direction at the time of the rainfall most certainly is a big part of the problem. It took many days to get the underside of the driver's floor mat dry again. Len. [my first time posting]
TMMCATEE

Information about Retro (2002-2005) Thunderbirds

Post by TMMCATEE »

04TB Steve,
Excellent post regarding "Special Editions" of the retro birds; for 2005 there were also special "Limited Color" editions (I do not know if they considered these "Special Editions") however, two limited color editions were:
. Bronze
. Medium Steel Blue
These limited colors came with Color-coordinated Interiors, Color Coordinated Soft-Tops. and matching Hard Tops (if ordered).
In the case of the Medium Steel Blue, these were limited to 1,400 produced; I am not certain of the Bronze numbers however, I would think these would be similar.
I would think the Medium Steel Blue was twofold, in response to the popularity of the "Pacific Coast Cruiser", and as an homage to the extremely rare 1957 Thunderbird in Steel Blue. I am fortunate to own a Medium Steel Blue premium edition which I purchased in 2006, in from a Ford Factory Executive Lease with 7,900 miles; it currently has 13,000 miles.

Pleased to be aboard with this group.

Mike

T. Michael McAtee, Ed.D