internet title

This area is open to any (no profanities/etc.) subject you would like to discuss. NO VENDOR FOR SALE ITEMS

Moderator: Terri McNeill

methos76

internet title

Post by methos76 »

I bought a 66 t-bird last month, it came with an internet title. now I don't have a problem with that but it say mileage not actual. is there any way to find and get correct mileage title. I know sounds weird
Joe Johnston

Re: internet title

Post by Joe Johnston »

I never heard of an "Internet Title" but title laws vary greatly from state to state. With all the privacy laws in place it will be difficult to get any information or title history. The best you may do is to find service records from the seller. Contact your state's dept of motor vehicles for info that is relevant to your state, and ask for their advice, because other owners experiences may not be relevant for you.
PLEASE invest a few bucks and buy all the shop manuals for your car. Definitely will save you much time and be an education.

55-57 VTCI Forum Moderator
57 Inca Gold-Colonial White
63SR Silver Mink
methos76

Post by methos76 »

Joe Johnston wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:55 pm I never heard of an "Internet Title" but title laws vary greatly from state to state. With all the privacy laws in place it will be difficult to get any information or title history. The best you may do is to find service records from the seller. Contact your state's dept of motor vehicles for info that is relevant to your state, and ask for their advice, because other owners experiences may not be relevant for you.
the title has INTNET replacement typed at top of title, I guess I can live with it not having actual miles on the title. no big deal
Wklink

Post by Wklink »

I know some states put 'exempt' on older cars like ours. My 65 Fairlane has had it's whole instrument cluster replaced, including speedo so the real miles aren't the same as what is on the odometer.
Thomas Cofield
1962 Hardtop, 'Thumper' Red/Black
1962 Hardtop, 'The Survivor' White/Red
VTCI-PNW
RSSVTCI