Heater hose under passenger side dash

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

Anthony1234

Heater hose under passenger side dash

Post by Anthony1234 »

Hi, I have the electrical manual and I am trying to figure out what happened ! I recently purchased the car , I see that from the vaccuum canisters the hose that's going into my dash was cut and plugged . When I went under the passenger side dash I noticed a black hose with white stripe that was cut . I see that it's going to a y and then going up towards the speaker which is again cut and plugged . I don't know we're these hoses are going to or need to be plugged to . Can anybody help ..
ABQTBird

Re: Heater hose under passenger side dash

Post by ABQTBird »

I see that from the vacuum canisters the hose that's going into my dash was cut and plugged . When I went under the passenger side dash I noticed a black hose with white stripe that was cut .
You didn't indicate if the car has A/C or not but since you mentioned canister, I presume you have A/C. Here is a schematic of what I found on my A/C car. It shows the hoses and below that each condition for which the vacuum is activated. The unmarked hose from the canister should go all the way to the heater control. The white stripe should then come out of the control and branch. The same with the blue stripe hose. I hope this helps. PM me with your email address and I can send you a larger version.
Tom in Albuquerque
61-63 Forum Moderator
1962 Corinthian White Hardtop, Medium Chestnut Metallic #89 Leather, A/C, P/W
2003 Premium Torch Red/Performance White HT, Partial Accent Interior, 1 of 47.
Past T-Bird: 1960 Convertible, 1974-1978
Jhawkflyer

Re: Heater hose under passenger side dash

Post by Jhawkflyer »

Best.
Picture.
Ever.

Now if I can figure out what actually turns on the A/C I'll be set.
Thanks, Tom
"Bone"
1964 Landau Coupe - Loaded with .... Everything.