Small rear side windows

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

sde37

Small rear side windows

Post by sde37 »

Rear small windows aren't working and one is slightly down. I tried to get the small inside door panel off with no luck. Removed rear seat, small armrest, etc. Wouldn't budge.

What's the trick? And when i get in there, can i manually push the window up.

I want to fix window eventually, but need it to go all the way up first. thx!
mnpetri

Re: Small rear side windows

Post by mnpetri »

FWIW - I had one get stuck partway up when taking some girls (daughter & friend) to a homecoming on a chilly night... i had them hold the switch and pulled the window the rest of the way up with my hand(?)
Mark
VTCI # 11024
65 Special Landau #1485
66 Sunbeam Tiger
RAVEN

Re: Small rear side windows

Post by RAVEN »

One small trick is to push both back seat and consol switches at the same time. Can not explain why but it has worked. I traced the wiring diagram, and it shows a possible double power feed to rear motors. If this is true, then you potentially get a cleaner power supply to the motors. The wiring on these old cars over time seem to have a problem of increased resistance, and by increasing the possible power, you might get them to move.
When you mentioned that you were unable to budge the trim cover, did you by chance miss removing the two bottom sheet metal screws, one under the bottom seat and the other on the front of the panel at the door windlace?
CDN Member since 1975 #2086
Flock: 1964 Landau Original Family Owned
1964 Sr Convertible "RAVEN"
Past: 2003 Blk Lab "RAVEN" "RIP"Nov 15/17
1964 Lincoln vin4Y86N00007
1964 Red Convertible