Increasing the Viability of the Modified forum section.

Offer suggestions for making this forum the one you want to visit every day! Maybe even twice a day!!
Terri McNeill
Site Admin

Post by Terri McNeill »

Well... considering I am the administrator to this forum and the owner is the VTCI what I say goes!! :smile:

BUT... I still think the division should stay and not because I am a purist... I was a custom person for 10 years before I got into the Thunderbirds but I just never saw a reason to modify them... they are just absolutely beautiful on their own!! So... I became a Thunderbird purist! :smile:
Terri McNeill, Past VTCI President, currently VTCI Publications Director, Member of VTCI, VTCI-PNWC and Chicagoland Thunderbirds
VicRattlehead

Post by VicRattlehead »

Terri McNeill wrote:Yep... you wouldn't know!! :smile:

Nope. Stock is soo booooorrriiinnnnggg. Seeing rows n rows of same ol same ol it's nice but I like to see some personalization. I know I might not like it but usually go fast parts are pretty parts too.
http://www.per-race-engines.com
1996 Thunderbird LX
Mods
Stock is boring and useless!
tbird

Post by tbird »

Rattlehead that is your side of Thunderbirds and some of us see the other side that is why we have the modified section separate, the fact that there is not high traffic in the modified area is due to lower interest and the fact that they keep posting modified questions in the first area they come to the "stock section" and some of them get answered there.

Maybe the moderators should move the modified questions to the correct heading that would help to increase the traffic in the mod area.
Jim Mills
VTCI # 8071
VTCI 1964-66 Technical Editor
2002 Thunderbird
1965 Convertible
1962 Convertible (in progress)
1959 Ford Retractable HT
Many parts cars
novanutcase

Post by novanutcase »

Perhaps a compromise of sorts in running a modified subforum in the regular forum?

John
Professional Pic Whore

Terri McNeill
Site Admin

Post by Terri McNeill »

Hi guys... not up for discussion... the divisions of Modified and Concours stays. But, yes the moderators should move questions to the correct division.
Terri McNeill, Past VTCI President, currently VTCI Publications Director, Member of VTCI, VTCI-PNWC and Chicagoland Thunderbirds
redstangbob

Post by redstangbob »

Hi guys... not up for discussion... the divisions of Modified and Concours stays.
GOOD! I like it that way JMO Bob C
It's gonna be cool when it's done
And now it's really cool !!

59 convertible
58 convertible
65 hardtop
RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

Terri. A little harsh in phrasing but I agree. Both should be separate just for the simple point of knowing what area you are looking into. I like original but I like the mods being done to improve safety and userability. I have always seen both ways and respect same. (when it comes to cars)
Terri McNeill
Site Admin

Post by Terri McNeill »

RAVEN wrote:Terri. A little harsh in phrasing but I agree. Both should be separate just for the simple point of knowing what area you are looking into. I like original but I like the mods being done to improve safety and userability. I have always seen both ways and respect same. (when it comes to cars)
Sorry Raven if you think this was harsh... but it isn't up for discussion and the discussion keeps happening! There have been some knock down, drag out fights on this forum concerning Concours vs Modified... and I in the end have to moderate this.... being as nice but forceful as I can...
RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

Terri, as I said I AGREE with you. But it is good that mods are out there to help inprove the 50 year old technology. My 2 cents worth but we dont have pennies any more!