1962 Convertible/Sports Roadster for sale

This area is for selling Thunderbirds and Thunderbird parts only. All other posts will be removed. No vendors please......they will be removed
Wklink

1962 Convertible/Sports Roadster for sale

Post by Wklink »

I almost bought this car. It is in the St. Louis area. The family is super nice and wants the car to go to someone who will appreciate it, hence the relatively cheap price for the car.

He doesn't know snot about Thunderbirds or Sports Roadsters. I have helped him some but if anyone local can help him set up and sell this car it would be really cool. These two are really nice folks and the story behind the car is pretty interesting.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/car/142714700.html

There are a lot of shots of the car.
Thomas Cofield
1962 Hardtop, 'Thumper' Red/Black
1962 Hardtop, 'The Survivor' White/Red
VTCI-PNW
RSSVTCI
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

If I was only not rebuilding an m code... NICE car!
Cars owned:
1962 Thunderbird Sports Roadster M Code
2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Wklink

Post by Wklink »

Yeah, I came real close to buying this. I was even working on my car loan for it when my 63 Roadster fell into my lap. I felt awful for the owner, he really seemed like a nice guy and the car looks pretty clean. I actually thought of picking it up anyway but it would have just gone to my wife in the eventual divorce (if I buy one more car she is going to kill me) so I decided I had better not.

I figure this is a good condition low miles early roadster that someone could really turn into a number one car with a little effort. I hope she goes to a good home.
Thomas Cofield
1962 Hardtop, 'Thumper' Red/Black
1962 Hardtop, 'The Survivor' White/Red
VTCI-PNW
RSSVTCI
nbaum

Bought the car

Post by nbaum »

I bought the car and picked it up last Friday. There was some question weather it was a real roadster or not because it is an 85 code car. Could not get access to Lois for gate release info because she has been ill. Everthing else fit, colors and its in the right vin sequence to be a real roadster. I decided to buy the car anyway because it was so nice.
When I picked up the car the owner gave me a bunch of papers and with it was the original gate release invoice stating it was a roadster!
Car is really solid only needs rubber parts and TLC.

Norton Baum
2014 Corvette convertible
1993 Cadillac Allante factory hardtop Pearl Red
2016 Lexus RX350
1992 Cadillac Allante Bright red
1930 Ford model A Cabriolet
2005 Chevrolet SSR