Interior 101

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1990-97 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
VicRattlehead

Interior 101

Post by VicRattlehead »

few weeks ago i started to pull some interior stuff to rewire my Info Center, basicly its a digital display that displays ACT (Air Charge Temp),ECT (Engine Coolant Temp), TOT (Trans Oil Temp), Oil Pressure, Delta Fuel Pressure, A/D counts, A/F ratio, HEGO voltage, MAF Voltage, MLPS Voltage (is my MLPS OK?), EEC command gear (1.2.3.4), TC state (Locked or unlocked) all in one digital readout that you can alternate between.

heres what i started with..

heres how it was a few days ago

my alarm that was 'professionally" installed :shock:

this is fridays progress

dr side rear floor

here is my little 'pond' just above that black plastic piece im holding and below where the towl is sitting is a dip in the floor about 1.5" deep, and it was totally filled with water. somehow water is getting inside so i gotta figure that out.

so saturday my new rear end pumpkin got here 4.10's some other misc interior piecs. this week i am goning to be ording the tranny harness from Lentech this week so when that gets here ill be ready to send the vbody and the harness to the guy that is going to be building my trans. I wanted to get the car up in the air this weekend and start getting stuff out of the way to get to the trans, the exhaust, gas tank, and driveshaft have to come out before getting the trans can even think about comming out. I put that on hold to figure out whats going on with the water leak. Ive got used but new to me seats and carpet that just needs to be cleaned up a little before they are ready to go into the car. I wont be putting that in until after i the water issue. sat night it was raining so i went out to see if i could see anything and found some dripping water from the padding behind the dash on the dr side and on the top of the rear window on the pass side, so 2 leaks that need to be looked at.
http://www.per-race-engines.com
1996 Thunderbird LX
Mods
Stock is boring and useless!
VicRattlehead

Post by VicRattlehead »

pics of progress on saturday, i cleaned up the rust and got some of the tar paper off, im all about making this car lighter but ill find another way to loose some weight, that tar paper stuff stays. in the mean time i sealed the dr side floor with Por15 rust preventive paint. http://www.por15.com/PRODUCTS/PRIMERPAI ... fault.aspx

ill update this again when i get back out to the car. next step is to figure out what is leaking behind the dash. Im going to try to get the hose out there and run some water at it to see if i can see where its getting into the car.
1996 Thunderbird LX
Mods
Terri McNeill
Site Admin

Post by Terri McNeill »

you have quite a project going! I would say you are lucky you decided to do this and discovered your leak before you lost your floor to the rust! :sad: Let me know what you find so I can keep a look out on mine in case it's a problem from the factory.

BUT, while I am here.....can you point me to the cheapest place for 02 sensors and MAF?

Terri
Terri McNeill, Past VTCI President, currently VTCI Publications Director, Member of VTCI, VTCI-PNWC and Chicagoland Thunderbirds
VicRattlehead

Post by VicRattlehead »

modularmisfits.com go to the forums (register yea yea i know its a pain) but go to the ford parts counter and get one from Randy. Normally in this case id say talk to dan newman but he hasnt picked up on a new job yet.
1996 Thunderbird LX
Mods
Terri McNeill
Site Admin

Post by Terri McNeill »

Thanks! Just did it......

Terri
Terri McNeill, Past VTCI President, currently VTCI Publications Director, Member of VTCI, VTCI-PNWC and Chicagoland Thunderbirds
Blown306

Post by Blown306 »

Finally got back to work on mine too :eek: A Griffin race radiator is on the way, getting an electric water pump and fan, new trans coolers (2 24kGVW B&M Supercoolers), new hoses, March pullies and brackets, AC out, wiper motor and washer fluid out. Hood, bumper cover and side mirrors are being repainted. New oil pressure and water temp gauges, new dash trim, cluster bezel, and steering wheel with trim strip that matches the dash (very unique piece that I haven't seen before).

I have a little bit of surface rust to clean up as well...
- Jeff
President, Chicagoland Thunderbirds

'93 Kenne Bell LX "Putting the THUNDER back in the BIRD"
'02 Excursion Diesel - 2x the torque, hp, weight and economy
'03 V-Rod - No more mod money
'03 Goldwing - My other bike IS a Harley