NEW WHEELS FOR MY 63

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Wklink

car guy

Post by car guy »

Did you try your skirts? You might be suprised.
Clint
I haven't, but I had that exact thought after looking at your pictures. Maybe I'll have a few minutes to get into the garage tomorrow . . .
Timothy

It's for my twin boys. Sure, they're only 4 right now, but it's all for them! And the girls, they'll want to drive too - they won't turn 3 for a while yet, but when they do, I'll have a pit crew!

Go Penguins!
TsNStangs

Post by TsNStangs »

Wow wow wow!
Looks absolutely bitchin'! :thumbright:
I know the whole experience has been a major pain, but man, does it look worth it! Nice job -
~ Daniel
"I'm your huckleberry..."
VTCI #11333
tbirder

Post by tbirder »

[quote="TsNStangs"]Wow wow wow!
Looks absolutely bitchin'! :thumbright:
I know the whole experience has been a major pain, but man, does it look worth it! Nice job -[/quote

Thanks a lot. The set up is slowly growing on me.
I realy liked the Boss wheels alot more, but every time I start thinking like that, I just think back on how nasty and rude they were when we spoke and the thought goes right away.
Clint
sleek63

Post by sleek63 »

Nice job, Clint... your car looks sweet!

I know you did a lot of head scratch'n (head bang'n?) to get it just right, but it paid off. Very nice!

Please recap for us -- what is the backspacing of the wheels, and the size and brand of tires you went with?
word on the street is... I was conceived in a '63 Bird
tbirder

Post by tbirder »

sleek63 wrote:Nice job, Clint... your car looks sweet!

I know you did a lot of head scratch'n (head bang'n?) to get it just right, but it paid off. Very nice!

Please recap for us -- what is the backspacing of the wheels, and the size and brand of tires you went with?
Hey sleek,
Man if you only knew about all the "slackers, a-holes and idiot's" I had to sort through to get to this point. And to make my job just a bit harder, I chose to find a local wheel dealer instead of an on line outfit. I just wanted to keep some dollars here in my neighborhood, and the topper was I told him I only wanted wheels and tires made here in the States. It was a ton harder, but I feel a whole lot better buying products made here in my own country.
Some of the other guys that helped me out with their posts sounded like it was a cake walk for them. I just guess I'm not that lucky.
Well here's all the details.
Clint

FRONT WHEELS
American Racing "SHELBY TORQUE THRUST MS CHROME"
17" x 8" 0 offset 4.5"backspace W/ General Exclaim UHP 235/55 ZR 17

REAR WHEELS
American Racing "SHELBY TORQUE THRUST MS CHROME"
18" X 9" 34 offset 6.34 backspace W/ General Exclaim UHP 255/45 ZR 18