Radiator

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

Lachmundfallyn

Radiator

Post by Lachmundfallyn »

Hello everyone so I have a 1966 Ford Thunderbird hardtop and it has a 428 in it I took it to the mechanics and they said that I needed to replace the radiator and I was wondering if anyone had a spare radiator that I could buy from them. I’m a 17 year old girl and I’m just getting into first classic car and I’m working on restoring it.
jtschug

Re: Radiator

Post by jtschug »

The original radiators can be "re-cored" at a good radiator shop. These used to be in every town 40 years ago, but are not as common as they used to be. If you live in a larger metro area, search for "radiator service" and find a shop that has been in business for a very long time. Then call them on the phone, tell them what you've got and ask if they can re-core it for you. If they ask, you want the '3-row' high density core.
1966 Thunderbird Convertible (Emberglo / White-Emberglo)
Modified 428 - stroked, rollercam, aluminum top end, headers
Livermore, CA
cacockrum

Post by cacockrum »

There are 2 radiators that fit the '66, one for air conditioned cars and the other for non-air. I have two of the air conditioned version. Either one will need to be re-cored as discussed in the previous message. Send me an e-mail or PM if you are interested.
RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

WELCOME to the FORUM Ms Fallun No bad thought conveyed.

As stated previous, there are two (2) different Rads for your car and its configuration of AC or NonAC.
Another search title name is "HEAT EXCHANGERS" Rad shops are a dying business but many industrial rebuilders exist in the hydraulic arena and air handling equipment.

It is a pleasant site to see a younger person wanting to work on a car of the "classic" title.

Keep in touch on your efforts and questions. Many have been where you are, we are glad to help.
CDN Member since 1975 #2086
Flock: 1964 Landau Original Family Owned
1964 Sr Convertible "RAVEN"
Past: 2003 Blk Lab "RAVEN" "RIP"Nov 15/17
1964 Lincoln vin4Y86N00007
1964 Red Convertible