Transmission vacuum modulator (Early 61)

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

sacredsteel

Transmission vacuum modulator (Early 61)

Post by sacredsteel »

So I replaced the seals for the shift lever and while removing the valve body I noticed the pin for the vacuum modulator was missing. I don't think I lost it during disassembly because I was very careful and going slow but maybe I did. Didn't hear or see anything drop so I'm thinking maybe the modulator was replaced before and they must have lost the pin. What I don't understand is that it has been working and shifting fine. My question is did they all have this pin?
Merry Christmas everyone!
Thanks
IMG_9035.jpg
IMG_9033.jpg
aa010175

Re: Transmission vacuum modulator (Early 61)

Post by aa010175 »

Sorry don’t know the answer to your question but I want to know how did it go in replacing the seals? I need to replace mine and looking for tips and ideas? Thanks Dave
sacredsteel

Post by sacredsteel »

It's not that bad. Just be careful and don't drop anything. Take pictures so you can see how it all goes back together. There is a good step by step write up on squarebirds.org. One thig that makes it a lot easier is to disconnect the detent arm to get the detent pin and spring back in. Here is a video showing how to do this. Not a very good quality video but some good info in it.
https://youtu.be/xHur-eSalPs
sacredsteel

Post by sacredsteel »

Anybody? Also I know there are different lengths pins so looking for that info as well.
Thanks