Interesting Photo

This area is open to any (no profanities/etc.) subject you would like to discuss. NO VENDOR FOR SALE ITEMS

Moderator: Terri McNeill

ICON 1956

Interesting Photo

Post by ICON 1956 »

Interesting photo
Post by MarkR » Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:05 pm

As per the results of Joe’s inquiry on June 19th regarding the 1955 exhaust outlet donut change to the ribbed style these appear to be later production 55’s being delivered to a dealership. The exhaust outlet shows on the top forward car. At least one car has the rare small dog dish wheel covers. They all have what appears to be some type of masking taped to the upper quarters under the tops. Maybe it goes all the way across to protect the rear deck paint from the top during transport. Have never seen that before. Also at least two are black wall tires. Three have skirts, three don’t. According to Dave Tulowitzky’s research on 604 late 55 invoices, about 18% of those cars did not show to have skirts. I’m guessing there’s a good chance at least some of the missing skirts are in the trunks.
The truck itself is also interesting for a COE. I don’t see a make and I can’t find one like it on Google. My friend restores old COE’s so maybe he can shed some light on it. Pretty cool design.
I did Google the name at the corner of the photo, theoldmotor.com. Lots of great photos and info about automobile hauling and delivery to dealerships in the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s.
Attachments
T BIRDS ON DELIVERY TRUCK.png
1956 Thunderbird Sage Green
1953 Ford Custom Liner Hot Rod With Flat 8 Motor with Henderson three 2 barrel Carbs
VTCI Member # 12309