Ford PS Pump Brackets

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

wallyblackburn

Ford PS Pump Brackets

Post by wallyblackburn »

I designed and cut out an alternator bracket on a CNC plasma table, and thought I would do the same for the PS pump bracket - I have a Ford PS pump. When I did a test fit, I noticed the pulleys did not line up. The pump pulley ended up about a half belt width forward of the engine pulley. I went back and looked at the original cast bracket and found my problem: I was thinking in 2 dimensions. That worked for the alternator bracket but not for PS pump.

Has anyone successfully used the CVF Racing PS pump bracket for the Ford pump?

https://www.cvfracing.com/stealth-black ... ford-pump/

Looking at it, it seems like it is flat like the one I made - it doesn't appear to offset the pump from the bottom mounting pad on the water pump?

Thanks,
Wally
stubbie

Re: Ford PS Pump Brackets

Post by stubbie »

Wally if you look at the engine picture below the pic of the bracket it shows the power steering pump and how it sits.
wallyblackburn

Re: Ford PS Pump Brackets

Post by wallyblackburn »

Thanks. I looked at all the pics and still couldn't figure it out. I'm thinking they adjusted the pulley on the shaft maybe?

Regardless, I ended up taking the factory one and replacing the rubber bushings in it with press fit solid ones. This allows me to use the old bracket without the back bracing. Seems plenty stiff. I may be missing some reason that the pump needed to be mounted in rubber, but it seems fine.