Repro metal RH passenger mirror Thunderbird 1967-70

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1967-71 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
OlDirty

Repro metal RH passenger mirror Thunderbird 1967-70

Post by OlDirty »

Hello,
after a 3 years engineering process and many many revisions, it's finally done.

Some have probably followed my process in one of the Glamour Bird groups on Facebook, but here's a quick summary:

It's an aluminium and 3-layer (copper, nickel, chrome) chrome plated right hand rear view mirror for a 67-70 Ford Thunderbird. The mirror is reverse engineered from a 1969 left hand rear view mirror. Development included several revisions of optimisations to the scan files as even the best 3D scanners have their difficulties with chrome or mirror like objects. This means, if you put a LH mirror right next to the reproduction RH mirror, you might find minor differences in size and surfaces. It’s still very very close to the LH mirror and I doubt that anyone will see a difference at all.
Please keep in mind, that I started with a 1969 driver side mirror, which is slightly larger than a 1967 driver side mirror. Thus it’s also a bit larger than an original passenger mirror. Probably just the size Ford should’ve done it for not having to recall the original ones.
Mounting angles of LH and RH mirror are not exactly the same, which has been approved with owners of original RH mirrors. Driver side tilts a little more inwards (to the middle of the car) than the passenger side.
(picture shows an older revision of the housing, not the arm)
The mirror has been tested in all weather conditions except salty roads and snow, which doesn’t mean it shouldn’t resist these too. I’ve also taken the car up to 120mph with the mirror mounted.

You will have to drill two holes for the mirror arm with a 10mm drill.

The shipment will include the following:
- mirror housing and arm
- a ball joint to mount the glass for manual adjustment in the housing
- convex mirror glass
- attaching bolts to mount it to the car
- soft rubber gasket

Cost incl. shipping to the US:
-> 500€ PayPal friends & cheap shipping
-> 504€ PayPal friends & fast shipping
-> 513€ PayPal goods & cheap shipping
-> 529€ PayPal goods & fast shipping

You will have to switch currency to Euros on PayPal.

If you have a Wise account you can also use this.

Cheap shipping will make just one delivery attempt and will take about 2 weeks.
Shipping with UPS is 15€ more and takes about 5 days.

You will be responsible for customs duties. I will declare it as what it is, a car mirror.

Production of the first set of orders will start on November 14th. Production will take about a month. Afterwards I will do the assembly and then ship.

Please see the following as some kind of disclaimer or clarification: This is a one man private project of a Glamour Bird enthusiast (me). You can not expect perfection into the very last detail. I’ve done extensive research on production processes and every single step that was included, but I can not guarantee, that there may not have been possible better options at any point of development and production. Therefore I can not grant any kind of warranty or rights to return.
I’m a long term and active member in the Glamour Bird community so I will of course do everything I can do to help if needed.

455hota

Re: Repro metal RH passenger mirror Thunderbird 1967-70

Post by 455hota »

I received mine the other day and it is absolutely beautiful!!
Cant wait to get it installed! Thanks again Hendrik!!!
...Steve T.
1967 Thunderbird Fordoor Dk.Green Metallic with Saddle Interior
1970 Trans Am
1966 GTO
1979 Lincoln Continental
2017 Challenger Scatpack Shaker
popsthebuilder

Post by popsthebuilder »

That looks pretty good to me.
OlDirty