How National Meets and their locations

This area is open to any (no profanities/etc.) subject you would like to discuss. NO VENDOR FOR SALE ITEMS

Moderator: Terri McNeill

nelsb01

How National Meets and their locations

Post by nelsb01 »

Greetings;
Just returned from the International in Kansas City and decided that it was time to create a personal database of Thunderbird Club meets that I have attend.
So, the question is: Is there a file that lists all the Meets by year, Meet type (Regional or International) and location of the Meet?
Alan H. Tast

Re: How National Meets and their locations

Post by Alan H. Tast »

nelsb01 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:56 pm Greetings;
Just returned from the International in Kansas City and decided that it was time to create a personal database of Thunderbird Club meets that I have attend.
So, the question is: Is there a file that lists all the Meets by year, Meet type (Regional or International) and location of the Meet?
A listing of past International Conventions with dates hasn't been printed in some time. We had a list developed for the Club's 25th Anniversary if I remember correctly. A listing of cars which have earned Senior status by convention (these are only awarded at International Conventions) can be found here:

http://vintagethunderbirdclub.net/Senior_Roster.htm

This list gives the year and city for each National/International meet back to the first one in 1972 through 2018. It needs to be updated for 2019 in Princeton, New Jersey and 2021 in Portland, Oregon (no convention was held in 2020).
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster
Gillerd

Re: How National Meets and their locations

Post by Gillerd »

It would be cool to see such compilation of the meets!
Alan H. Tast

International And Regional Conventions - Historical List

Post by Alan H. Tast »

Gillerd wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:32 am It would be cool to see such compilation of the (past International and Regional) meets!
Our Club Historian, Dan Likar, would be the person who would generate this information and provide it for a web page. This list would want to go all the way back to the Club's first National meet in 1972 in Springfield, Illinois. I'm forwarding your question to the Club Historian for his information. I can't speak as to if this can be added to the Website as a page or downloadable PDF file - that's not my department.

Lists of past National/International and Regional Conventions have appeared in past issued of the Club's magazine, Thunderbird Scoop, to coincide with milestone anniversaries (25th, 30th and others). One of the Club's upcoming/proposed projects is to scan and make available for sale to members an electronic compilation of past issued of the Scoop from its beginning in 1968 through the 2000s, but a timeframe has not yet been established for its production and release.
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster
Gillerd

Re: International And Regional Conventions - Historical List

Post by Gillerd »

Alan H. Tast wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:51 am
Gillerd wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:32 am It would be cool to see such compilation of the (past International and Regional) meets!
Our Club Historian, Dan Likar, would be the person who would generate this information and provide it for a web page. This list would want to go all the way back to the Club's first National meet in 1972 in Springfield, Illinois. I'm forwarding your question to the Club Historian for his information. I can't speak as to if this can be added to the Website as a page or downloadable PDF file - that's not my department.

Lists of past National/International and Regional Conventions have appeared in past issued of the Club's magazine, Thunderbird Scoop, to coincide with milestone anniversaries (25th, 30th and others). One of the Club's upcoming/proposed projects is to scan and make available for sale to members an electronic compilation of past issued of the Scoop from its beginning in 1968 through the 2000s, but a timeframe has not yet been established for its production and release.
Hope that project will be materialized soon!