1989-1997 Original Factory Specification Manual - Call for Volunteers

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1990-97 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
Alan H. Tast

Post by Alan H. Tast »

With the 2022 VTCI International Convention on August 10-14 in Kansas City less than 4 weeks away from this posting, I am probing interest for people interested in participating in helping develop VTCI's 1989-1997 Original Factory Specifications (OFS) Manual. Development of this volume stalled in the early 2000s. With improvements in digital technology and imagery, these volumes are overdue to be released, at least in preliminary form, but in order to do this we need to assemble a team of people with thorough knowledge of 1989-1997 models, preferably with access to period Ford publications like shop manuals, parts catalogs, service bulletins and the like. Our goal is to provide written, tabular and pictorial information chronicling what a person needs to look for when restoring, maintaining and detailing a 1989-1997 T-bird to factory-delivered condition for VTCI Concours judging.

I will be approaching people during the course of the Convention for their input on the OFS program and interest in participating in the data collection/review process. If you are interested in this joining this effort, please feel free to PM me between now and early August with questions.
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster