Interior trim spring clips

This area is open to any (no profanities/etc.) subject you would like to discuss. NO VENDOR FOR SALE ITEMS

Moderator: Terri McNeill

golfnickohio

Interior trim spring clips

Post by golfnickohio »

I am in search of the interior trim clips for my 1965 Special Landau. There are at least two different sizes. #1), What is the correct name for these clips? #2), Is there a source that I can get them from?
Alan H. Tast

Re: Interior trim spring clips

Post by Alan H. Tast »

golfnickohio wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:44 am I am in search of the interior trim clips for my 1965 Special Landau. There are at least two different sizes. #1), What is the correct name for these clips? #2), Is there a source that I can get them from?
:n00b:

1. Given that you're describing at least two widths of trim pieces, I'm wagering that you're trying to find the clips for the trim around the edges of the dash cove panels, including the end caps and wide trim across the top of the cove, plus the narrow trim across the bottom.
64-66 Dash Illustration (from Ford Car Master Parts Catalog - Aug 1967)
64-66 Dash Illustration (from Ford Car Master Parts Catalog - Aug 1967)

If you can have some patience, I can find original part numbers/descriptions for those trim clips and post them here later as my time permits.

2. More than likely your best bet will be to contact people who have parted out '64-'66 T-birds. There are several vendors who help support this website and VTCI that you can contact for used clips as they deal in both new and used parts. Use the link below to see a list of new/used parts vendors:

http://vintagethunderbirdclub.net/links.htm
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster