1969 Passenger window relay location?

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1967-71 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
potato

1969 Passenger window relay location?

Post by potato »

I'm trying to diagnose the passenger power window on my car. It does not roll down when the switch is pressed from either door. The drivers window goes up and down as expected. I pulled the motor out of the passenger side and hooked it up to a 12v battery and it spins in both directions.

When its dark outside, I can get in the car and turn on the map light on the dash and when I use the window switch on the driver's door to try and roll down the passenger window, the interior light dims just a little. The motor is plugged in, but not bolted to the regulator. It does not even try to spin. When I play with the switch on the passenger window, the interior light does not dim. This leads me to believe at least the switch on the drivers door is working.

That led me to checking the fuses. My owners manual does not list a fuse for the power windows. It does say theres a CB (circuit breaker?) on the pedal support. The 1969 ford shop manual shows fuse #2 for the speed control and "power window safety relay feed". Then in the table, I dont really know what its trying to say. They lump the power seats together with the power windows and power window relay feed an the location says "circuit breaker panel, RH dash", which sounds like the fuse box and is nowhere near the pedal support or under the hood.

I found a single black/gold relay looking thing there on the brake pedal support that doesn't look as old as everything else on the car. From searching the forums, I see there are also some old timey relays under the hood. I found 1 of them on the firewall beside the power brake booster, 1 of them way over on the passenger side corner between the wheel and firewall/heater box, and then a bunch of relay looking things hanging off what I assume is the cruise control box on the driver's side.

Given that my drivers window works and the passenger one doesn't, should there be 2 separate relays or circuit breakers? It seems like if there's just 1 and it went out, then neither window would work.

Does anybody have any pointers here? Is there a relay or breaker that covers just the passenger side window? Or anywhere else I should be looking to track this down?