how to remove radio from 1966 Landau

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

66T-Bird

how to remove radio from 1966 Landau

Post by 66T-Bird »

i have removed top of console after removing top console trim followed by removing R side by passanger LT foot and R side panel by drivers RT foot, also the clock housing was removed earlier because i sent the clock out to have rebuilt. With this all removed i thought i could simply take my radio out but no; is there some trick to it? please advise. Thanks Skip
skip clark L.I. N.Y.
many happy miles VTCI #964
Lee Craner

Re: how to remove radio from 1966 Landau

Post by Lee Craner »

Skip,

Remove the knobs and center console trim. Then remove the two nuts on the radio shafts and the radio bezel.
Remove the left and right console side panels.
You'll then see the rear radio supports. Remove these.
Reach back and undo the one or two wire harnesses to the radio
The radio should now slide out towards the front of the car.

It's been a while since I've done the above, so I might have missed a step or two. However, it is somewhat logical and a whole hell of a lot easier than removing the radio from my Continental Mark II. Good luck.

Lee
Lee
1965 Red Thunderbird Convertible
1973 Intermeccanica Squire SS-100
1956 Continental Mark II
66T-Bird

Re: how to remove radio from 1966 Landau

Post by 66T-Bird »

Lee thanks for your reply i have done all the steps you mentioned and yet iam lucky if i can move the radio about 1/4 " back and forth, or even from side to side, it is as if it was squeezed in there i cant even get my fingers under it??? Skip
skip clark L.I. N.Y.
many happy miles VTCI #964