build sheet

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

Jim Porter

build sheet

Post by Jim Porter »

Hi everyone - I am working on getting my convertible top working and took out the back seats. Found the yellow build sheet. Should I remove this and store it in my file on the car? Its pretty faint as it is but it is complete. Thanks I am kind of new to the Tbird world and not sure if this has the value, that it has with other cars. Also is there a previous post or other article decoding all the boxes?

Thanks.
Tbirdgul

Re: build sheet

Post by Tbirdgul »

I made a copy and put the copy in the seat and kept the original in a file to stay preserved, but that’s just me. Good luck.
Tony Gul - Southern California
VTCI# 13062
1964 Thunderbird hardtop black with white roof - current
1964 Thunderbird hardtop copper - 1986
Jim Porter

Post by Jim Porter »

That sounds like a good idea. Not sure how long the original is going to last under the seat.
Scott6T6

Post by Scott6T6 »

Hello Jim,
I agree, the original ROT sheet should be carefully removed from the within the springs of the rear seat cushion and kept in your file on the car to preserve it. The ROT sheet is a significant part of your car's original factory documentation.
While you're at it you might also want to take a look under the driver's seat as one of the copies was often placed there as well.

Scott
ELTBIRD

Post by ELTBIRD »

Just took out my rear seat today and Bingo...I found the build sheet under the shabby foil insulation on the middle/driver's side. Also found other bits like a 69D penny (heads up), a Dentyne gum wrapper, nail clippers, bits if jewelry, a red plastic clothes pin and a medallion pin that says HSS JR. Today I am going to replace the old insulation with new stuff. Good day!
Attachments
20220328_142013.jpg
scumdog

Post by scumdog »

When my Thunderbird arrived in NZ a vehicle inspector tore the build sheet in half when he found it in the back of the rear seat. I was most annoyed!
So I laminated it and now keep it in a folder with all my other Thunderbird documentation.
There was a second one in the springs under the passengers seat which I left there.
Kiwi Thunderbirder
'66 Town Landau
'55 F100
'37 Ford coupe
'64 Anglia
'05 Ultraglide Classic