Refinish aluminum door trim? 65 convertible

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

mark1965tbird

Refinish aluminum door trim? 65 convertible

Post by mark1965tbird »

Hi everyone,
I am redoing my door panels and I have the anodized aluminum trim (looks like chrome). The driver's side aluminum has alot of scratches that won't come out with polish. BN recommended "Shine on me" in San Clemente, CA, but they are no more. Can anyone recommend a company that refinishes anodized aluminum and/or other chrome interior trim?
Thanks, Mark
Attachments
IMG_1351.JPG
cacockrum

Re: Refinish aluminum door trim? 65 convertible

Post by cacockrum »

Contsider Sihilling Metal Polishing in Santa Ana, CA. You can find their contact info via Google. Charles and his team do fantastic work --- not low cost, but the results are nothing short of perfection.
mark1965tbird

Post by mark1965tbird »

Thanks. Can they get scratches out? A polisher near me was afraid of how thin these pieces are, so my guess was I need them re anodized?
cacockrum

Post by cacockrum »

Their name (Sihilling Metal Polishing) stems from the original family business which specialized in polishing. They now work with a network of skilled craftsmen to do whatever is needed to bring old parts back to like-new, including several types of anodizing, electroplating and painting. They did all the shiny stuff on my '66 and '68 Birds, and all were perfect.
mark1965tbird

Post by mark1965tbird »

Sounds great, thanks.