Fuel Injection!

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

RedBird64

Re: Fuel Injection!

Post by RedBird64 »

Thanks for that Stub..
BTW, I've looked at that pump but it only goes up to 12" deep and our tanks are closer to 18.

Scott
1964 Coupe Wimbledon white/Rangoon Red w/black int. Owned for 42 years. It was my folks car before that (second owners). VTCI # 12013.
stubbie

Post by stubbie »

Oh, really. Could have sworn I looked at that. I must be going senile.
Edit
Just looked and they come with a longer tube and bracket for deeper tanks. Well at least the Holley does but I would assume the others do as well.
https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_sy ... rts/12-161
RedBird64

Post by RedBird64 »

Thats a game changer there.
1964 Coupe Wimbledon white/Rangoon Red w/black int. Owned for 42 years. It was my folks car before that (second owners). VTCI # 12013.
sleeper bird

Post by sleeper bird »

thanks for documenting your installation,it will help many including myself.
RedBird64

Post by RedBird64 »

sleeper bird wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:00 pm thanks for documenting your installation,it will help many including myself.
You're very welcome and thanks for the kind words.

Scott
Privateer

Post by Privateer »

Scott - thank you for the write up and pictures, should save me some time and headaches. I bought all my sniper stuff back in Dec 2019, just finally able to start my install along with everything else.

I bought the Holley 12-132 retrofit fuel pump for my install. Here is a mockup pic of it with the 12-161 extended length bracket installed. It looks like it should work well, and I do like the Hydromat pickup screen addition. I admit I am not decided yet of using the included foam tank spacer to drop the tank a little for the line clearance, as opposed to having an opening in the trunk floor for access and line routing with a cover over it. One makes service easier, but the foam spacer option keeps me from having to drill another large hole in the car and having to fab up a cover.
Scott

Pump module mockup
Holley Pump Module 2a.jpeg
Pump module top
Holley Pump Module 1.jpeg
sleeper bird

Post by sleeper bird »

how far down does the tank have to be if using the spacer instead of cutting a hole?
Privateer

Post by Privateer »

Holley says “the low profile design is only 1.275” above the tank”. I’m not at this stage in my build yet to measure it in the real world unfortunately.
Scott

Edit - I was able to get a measurement of the thickness of the module top, I did not screw in the adpaters for the #6 AN fittings which will probably add a little size. This is the billet one, so the cast one could be a little different possibly. This one measures at .75" thick, then account for the crush of the foam ring gasket, and the lines, and I'd say you would be around that 1"-1.25".
Holley Fuel Module Measure.jpg
RedBird64

Post by RedBird64 »

I appreciate the information on the pump. The dimensions really add up! Have you tried spacing the tank down about 1.5" to see how it works?
I've got some 3/4" horse stall mat I was going to use as a spacer. Might have to double it up!
Or if we make the hole in the trunk, would we be able to hide it under the spare?

Scott
sleeper bird

Post by sleeper bird »

interesting question im thinking it would but im pretty sure it would have to be off center to retain the spare mount.