56 TBird Power Brake Booster

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

Jim G

56 TBird Power Brake Booster

Post by Jim G »

ANYONE HAVE A POWER BRAKE BOOSTER FOR SALE OR HAVE ONE THATS BEEN OVERHAULED OR IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION FOR MY 1956 TBird?
Anyone with a good experience getting one overhauled without costing an arm and leg? Or anyone overhauled their own with a kit to do so? Jim G
Boozeman

Re: 56 TBird Power Brake Booster

Post by Boozeman »

I rebuilt mine in my '57 with this kit from Casco: https://www.classictbird.com/Kit-Power- ... nfo/2005F/

Pretty strightforward and not really all that hard. My only challenge was getting the two small o-rings on the booster shaft. Tore one and had to contact Casco for another pair. The booster is now rebuilt and working well.

Good luck!
Haz567

Post by Haz567 »

I agree with Boozeman, not that hard. My difficulty was getting stuff shined up.
Before
Before
Parts
Parts
After
After
Nut I broke
Nut I broke
The nut shown above I broke. Just because it's a 1-1/4" (or close) doesn't mean it needs a breaker bar to tighten. Just get it good and snug with a ratchet.
Boozeman, if you read this was the seal pointed out in the "Parts" photo the one you broke; this one is really hard to get on.
Boozeman

Post by Boozeman »

Yep - that's the one! Break out the swear jar for that one!
Jim G

Post by Jim G »

Thanks for all the input here. I will have to flip a coin on my decision to try it or spend the cookie jar...?!