Judges Review Checklist

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

SilverBullet

Judges Review Checklist

Post by SilverBullet »

Years ago, I remember my fathers car got dinged a few points for having the bolts on the door jam painted, when originally, they were not.

Is there a manual for purchase somewhere that judges use to determine what is original and what is not? Other than the cover that makes this car look like a two seater (what is that called?), everything is original. BUT....I want to put this car into its original specs as if it just came off the showroom.

Any advice?

1963 Thunderbird Convertible -- Silver Mink
Scott Scriver
Surprise, Az, USA
VTCI Member# 13007

1963 Convertible - Family owned since day one
My Father's VTCI # was 2941
BobHH

Re: Judges Review Checklist

Post by BobHH »

Check out the Country store for the Concours book and original factory spec books. Good info.

Bob
Bob Harris
Strange 1962 Thunderbird SR?
RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

Welcome to the world of Concourse evaluation.
Be aware, you will be unable to purchase any items from the Country Store, if you are not a member of the VTCI. We welcome the general public to this FORUM in the open area, but restrict access to the members only area. This includes purchasing of Our Concourse Rules.
If you are a member, and wish to purchase, you will need to provide your Members number. You can also find a shopping list in our Bi-Monthly SCOOP magazine.
The Rules can be purchased in car groupings, and in your case, you will need the 61/63 Section, (Volume 4) for Specifications and Volume#1 for the Rules, Judging Guidelines, and Judging Forms, if you plan to show.
Great to see another car be returned to its former glory.
CDN Member since 1975 #2086
Flock: 1964 Landau Original Family Owned
1964 Sr Convertible "RAVEN"
Past: 2003 Blk Lab "RAVEN" "RIP"Nov 15/17
1964 Lincoln vin4Y86N00007
1964 Red Convertible
SilverBullet

Post by SilverBullet »

Thank you. I will be joining VTCI soon. My father was a member in AZ for years, and I know the value of membership.
RAVEN wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:31 am Welcome to the world of Concourse evaluation.
Be aware, you will be unable to purchase any items from the Country Store, if you are not a member of the VTCI. We welcome the general public to this FORUM in the open area, but restrict access to the members only area. This includes purchasing of Our Concourse Rules.
If you are a member, and wish to purchase, you will need to provide your Members number. You can also find a shopping list in our Bi-Monthly SCOOP magazine.
The Rules can be purchased in car groupings, and in your case, you will need the 61/63 Section, (Volume 4) for Specifications and Volume#1 for the Rules, Judging Guidelines, and Judging Forms, if you plan to show.
Scott Scriver
Surprise, Az, USA
VTCI Member# 13007

SilverBullet

Post by SilverBullet »

Signed up yesterday after finding my fathers VTCI Manuals from 1992. Once you guys have me logged in (I know it may take awhile, and I respect that), I am hoping to get an updated Manual :).
RAVEN wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:31 am Welcome to the world of Concourse evaluation.
Scott Scriver
Surprise, Az, USA
VTCI Member# 13007

RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

Great to hear you have signed up. By chance, since you found your Fathers old membership items, try submitting the original MEMBERS NUMBER. The register may renew the old number and let you carry on with it. A little remembrance to go along with the car.
The Concourse Rules are very accurate, and will provide much needed information, but like all library books they are continually being updated with newer information, as it is found.
Good luck with your car and it's renewal.
1964 Red Convertible
SilverBullet

Post by SilverBullet »

I looked through everything and am unable to locate his VTCI Membership number. Is this something you can locate? His name is Robert E Scriver

I also seem to remember that his car made the cover of VTCI years back. Unfortunately, I am unable to locate that. If you happen to keep records of who's car is on the cover, I'd appreciate any info on how to purchase this copy.

Thanks!
RAVEN wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:39 am Great to hear you have signed up. By chance, since you found your Fathers old membership items, try submitting the original MEMBERS NUMBER. The register may renew the old number and let you carry on with it. A little remembrance to go along with the car.
The Concourse Rules are very accurate, and will provide much needed information, but like all library books they are continually being updated with newer information, as it is found.
Good luck with your car and it's renewal.
Scott Scriver
Surprise, Az, USA
VTCI Member# 13007

RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

I am sorry to say "I" cannot do that as I do not have access to the Club's membership database. I know there must be a master list, but who has it, I am sorry I do not know. I am not on the Board of Directors, so I have no access to the Club files. Contact Terri who you registered with, and ask her. Due to privacy rules, I can not search individuals, and post the information.
1964 Red Convertible