Vandalism

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

jereklein

Vandalism

Post by jereklein »

I’m driving from New York to Sarasota in May for the CTCI convention. I’ve been thinking about how best to secure my car at the hotels on the way down. Cover vs. no cover etc. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.
Jere
ICON 1956

Re: Vandalism

Post by ICON 1956 »

Is your car in great driving condition to drive from New York to Florida? Would a trailer be an option for you that is has a entire cover.If your thinking of a "car cover material" this would only bring the attention for someone's curiosity. and may I add that when it rains you would need to dry out the cover before taking. as far of preventing somebody to steal it there is a key lock that locks the gear shifter called Transmission lock (Our thunderbird suppliers) carry
Attachments
Shifter Lock.JPG
Shifter Lock.JPG (13.9 KiB) Viewed 2352 times
Last edited by ICON 1956 on Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
1956 Thunderbird Sage Green
1953 Ford Custom Liner Hot Rod With Flat 8 Motor with Henderson three 2 barrel Carbs
VTCI Member # 12309
Paul T. Amick

Post by Paul T. Amick »

Hi, I'm here in Sarasota, FL. Trail Birds will be glad to have you at our National Convention in May. I would just bring a cover. But as you get farther south you may want to put a piece of plastic over the cover because of the HUMIDITY. If you trailer it you will be in CONCOURS class. Most Concours cars have a limited drive time and some never. Good luck
jereklein

Post by jereklein »

Thanks for the replies, especially about the cover. I’m going to be driving down.
Paul T. Amick

Post by Paul T. Amick »

Come on down. We expect over 100+ cars and the Hotel is fillimg up fast. We have club members driving down from NJ if you want some company. I talked to them today and they would be fine with that. Good Luck
jereklein

Post by jereklein »

Yes that’s probably my club. NJORTC. I’m traveling with them. Already have my reservations. Looking forward to it.
57Dave

Post by 57Dave »

I would just park under motel lights, preferably where you can see the car at night. My cover takes up half of the trunk! Luggage space is too small already! Lots of T-Birds here in Florida, I wouldn't worry about vandalism or theft. Just lock it! :cool:
57 Thunderbird Flame Red
87 Mustang GT Convertible 5.0, 5speed
jereklein

Post by jereklein »

Thanks for the good advice.
ICON 1956

Post by ICON 1956 »

Just a suggestion, on the "where to park" When I use to travel across the USA on my Trike motorcycle, I would ask the hotel manager if it would be ok to park under the entrance awning entrance as long as there is room for other cars to drive through not blocking. I know parking a motorcycle has less space taken up, There was never a problem while the hotel staff was glad to accommodate my wishes..... I guess it won't hurt to ask. ;-)
1956 Thunderbird Sage Green
1953 Ford Custom Liner Hot Rod With Flat 8 Motor with Henderson three 2 barrel Carbs
VTCI Member # 12309
jereklein

Post by jereklein »

That’s a good suggestion. Thanks.
Jere