Hardtop Cover

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

tnswt12

Hardtop Cover

Post by tnswt12 »

Hardtop covers have been a topic of past posts. I purchased this one off a popular online auction site. The selling company claimed it to be custom made for the '55-'57 TBird hardtop, which I was dubious.

To my astonishment, the cover fits like a glove and the fabric is an advance, heavy duty, 4-ply type for the automotive industry. Like quite a few things I purchase, it was not perfect because the flap did not completely seal, so I purchased a length of glue-on Velcro to make the seal all the way across the underside of the flap. The cover comes with only 3 tabs of Velcro to close the flap. You can see the 3 tabs of Velcro in my pictures because I left them intact. The 1 2/3 yards of Velcro cost about 5 bucks.

The original cover that came with my rack turned to dust when I touched it after about 1 year in the garage, so this cover in comparison, is far superior, and can be purchased for a lot less money than I expected.

Attached are photos of the top I purchased so folks could see the cover on the '57 hardtop sitting in the rack. I think that helps.

PM me if you need specifics about the cover. I am in no way peddling this cover to anyone. I make mention of it because it is a quality cover for the money.

I hope this helps someone else down the road.
Attachments
IMG_2728.jpg
IMG_2729.jpg
IMG_2730.jpg
ICON 1956

Re: Hardtop Cover

Post by ICON 1956 »

That looks great ! I like how it hugs the shape of the top which keeps the dust and cob webs out from the interior. Perfect for storage during the summer months....
1956 Thunderbird Sage Green
1953 Ford Custom Liner Hot Rod With Flat 8 Motor with Henderson three 2 barrel Carbs
VTCI Member # 12309
goldwinghg

Post by goldwinghg »

Can you post contact info,on your cover?
CSPIDY

Post by CSPIDY »

I found a hard top stand that came with a cover on eBay for $100.00. this was a few years ago but I would imagine that they sell just the cover. Might be worth a look.
57 D code Colonial White

Wise man once told me, "you don't know what you don't know"

West Newton, PA
goldwinghg

Post by goldwinghg »

I have a stand. The cover,that comes,with them,are pretty cheap. Not much more than,soft thick paper.
CSPIDY

Post by CSPIDY »

goldwinghg wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:20 am I have a stand. The cover,that comes,with them,are pretty cheap. Not much more than,soft thick paper.
You are correct on that point, mine did take a beating when I hauled in the back of my pickup, but for simple storage it does a fine job.
57 D code Colonial White

Wise man once told me, "you don't know what you don't know"

West Newton, PA