1956 Thunderbird For Sale

This area is for selling Thunderbirds and Thunderbird parts only. All other posts will be removed. No vendors please......they will be removed
MemoryLane

1956 Thunderbird For Sale

Post by MemoryLane »

Vehicle is located in Long Valley NJ 07853

This 1956 Ford Thunderbird is the pride & joy of the recently deceased owner. His estate selling the car with a heavy heart and hope the new owner gets the joy and satisfaction as did Leo.
In the spirit of complete transparency, this car was inspected and appraised by The Auto Appraisal Group (AAG) with a copy of the August 2018 report available to serious buyers. AAG estimated the car at $32K to $35K however the family is accepting offers and will take less in an effort to liquidate the asset.
Please see the pics and contact the seller who is assisting the estate to obtain additional information.
This car features the 292 cubic inch motor and 4 speed manual transmission. It is finished in M - Goldenglow Yellow* (80708) with a perfect Black & White interior. All instruments, radio, lights, wipers and other mechanics work as they should. Doors, hood, trunk and hardtop fit as they should making this early T-Bird a great addition to your collection and honorable vehicle to cruise, show and enjoy.
It is offered well below the AAG appraisal so don’t miss out on a great opportunity.

Vehicle is located in Long Valley NJ 07853

Contact me for pics and additional details.
Last edited by MemoryLane on Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan H. Tast

Re: 1956 Thunderbird For Sale

Post by Alan H. Tast »

Rule #1 - Post where the car's located

This looks like it's being sold by a dealer, folks...notice "first-time" poster.
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster
MemoryLane

Post by MemoryLane »

I am not a dealer. I am simply trying to help the estate of a deceased owner sell this car. Everyone is a first time poster at some point.
RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

There are 2 MemoryLane car dealers in the USA. Both brokering cars. We welcome new members, but in the effort of protecting all members we are cautious in promoting any bad or questionable offers.
CDN Member since 1975 #2086
Flock: 1964 Landau Original Family Owned
1964 Sr Convertible "RAVEN"
Past: 2003 Blk Lab "RAVEN" "RIP"Nov 15/17
1964 Lincoln vin4Y86N00007
1964 Red Convertible
Joe Johnston

Post by Joe Johnston »

I am not a dealer. I am simply trying to help the estate of a deceased owner sell this car. Everyone is a first time poster at some point.
MODERATOR NOTE
Yes indeed that is true and we appreciate and welcome all new members. That said, we also closely scrutinize the posts of new members having minimal introduction in an attempt to eliminate scam or questionable offers, especially when they appear to be a copy and paste type of text from other online sources. Yes we have made mistakes in deleting messages that were thought questionable at the time. Often there are many "One and Done" posters that have an agenda to fulfill and are not "hobbyists" or interested in learning about their Thunderbirds, which is the intent of this message board. That said, there is nothing wrong about an individual joining and posting a car or parts for sale. Best of luck in your sale and will look forward to possible future posts.
PLEASE invest a few bucks and buy all the shop manuals for your car. Definitely will save you much time and be an education.

55-57 VTCI Forum Moderator
57 Inca Gold-Colonial White
63SR Silver Mink
RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

Joe, I fully agree with your comment, I could not have said it better.
I personally believe that we should put a new sign-up rule in place where membership can only post "For Sale" items after a nominal wait time and posts. This is done by other Forums, and seems to work to prevent once only attendees.
My 2 cents worth and sorry to say I have no pennies!
CDN Member since 1975 #2086
Flock: 1964 Landau Original Family Owned
1964 Sr Convertible "RAVEN"
Past: 2003 Blk Lab "RAVEN" "RIP"Nov 15/17
1964 Lincoln vin4Y86N00007
1964 Red Convertible
MemoryLane

Post by MemoryLane »

So let me get this straight, an individual who is looking to assist the estate of neighbor in selling two vintage T-Birds, a so called "one and out" is not welcome here?
Wklink

Post by Wklink »

RAVEN wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:35 pm Joe, I fully agree with your comment, I could not have said it better.
I personally believe that we should put a new sign-up rule in place where membership can only post "For Sale" items after a nominal wait time and posts. This is done by other Forums, and seems to work to prevent once only attendees.
My 2 cents worth and sorry to say I have no pennies!
I actually disagree with this. Sometimes cars are inherited or someone is selling a car for someone else and finds the site by googling 'Thunderbird Club'. If there is a car that might be of interest to someone here then I don't see a problem with someone posting it in the for sale section. Now if the spam all of the boards with the same ad then that is something different but a family member or a friend trying to sell a car for someone isn't a big deal to me.
Thomas Cofield
1962 Hardtop, 'Thumper' Red/Black
1962 Hardtop, 'The Survivor' White/Red
VTCI-PNW
RSSVTCI