Source For Reproduction Parts?

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

GregL

Source For Reproduction Parts?

Post by GregL »

Hi Guys,
Who do you recommend for reasonable quality/price reproduction parts? I'm looking for various items like upholstery, emblems, electrical, weatherstrip, etc. I would prefer to deal with one vendor if possible. Any and all input appreciated.
Greg
goldwinghg

Re: Source For Reproduction Parts?

Post by goldwinghg »

Casco, Concours Parts, Hills,Thunderbird Headquarters, Hills. Several different companies. You can google Thunderbird Parts,and should get a pretty list of places. I hope this helped.
1957Birdman

Post by 1957Birdman »

I would also include in that list Prestige Thunderbird in Santa Fe Springs California.
Regards,
Lew Bachman
1957 Colonial White
CSavaglio

Post by CSavaglio »

Larry'sThunderbird is excellent....they ship fast and prices are good. I pretty much only order from them now unless they don't have something. They do monthly sales and discounts too.
GregL

Post by GregL »

Thanks all!
goldwinghg

Post by goldwinghg »

Ebay is a good place to watch for different parts also.
DynoDan’55

Post by DynoDan’55 »

It’s a consumer labyrinth. Some vendors are generally cheaper (NPD), some ship faster or cheaper, some sell all the same Chinese parts as others, while some manufacture their own (CASCO), some offer unique parts (Prestige), some have a better stock of NOS/used parts, some have a better return policy/reputation (CASCO?), some offer a better spectrum of repair/exchange services (Larry’s?), etc., etc.
Some also have a separate restoration facility and offer customers technical advice (though you soon learn to take with ‘a grain of salt’). I personally like the way CASCO’s catalog points out the few repro parts that are concours correct, and indistinguishable from NOS. Only experience & effort will sort out where best to buy. Good luck!