Windshield Washer Pedal Placement

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

arussharris

Windshield Washer Pedal Placement

Post by arussharris »

Hey team,

Any consensus on where the washer pump pedal goes underneath the dash in relationship to the high beam switch before I start arbitrarily drilling holes in the firewall? I’d prefer not to puncture the carpet if its not necessary.

This was the only feedback I could find on a google image search. The instructions were fairly vague so maybe it’s smewhat subjective to each user and more of an art than a science. Thanks for the help.

https://images.gatewayclassiccars.com/c ... 9bbbbb.jpg
Joe Johnston

Re: Windshield Washer Pedal Placement

Post by Joe Johnston »

My 57 is modified to electric, but the hole in the firewall insulation hardboard is 4.5" above the dimmer switch and 2" right of the metal of the kick panel. Hope others will give some help too and you can average it out.
PLEASE invest a few bucks and buy all the shop manuals for your car. Definitely will save you much time and be an education.

55-57 VTCI Forum Moderator
57 Inca Gold-Colonial White
63SR Silver Mink
arussharris

Re: Windshield Washer Pedal Placement

Post by arussharris »

Thanks Joe!

I contorted myself up under the steering wheel and found that exact punch out you mentioned. Thanks a ton for the help.

And that was probably the easiest part of the job. I wish I would have taken the extra time to remove the seat. Hand threading the nuts and hoses onto the jets under the dash were an absolute nightmare. My neck and back will be feeling that tomorrow.