Tonneau cover for 57 Thunderbird

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

BarryZeagman

Tonneau cover for 57 Thunderbird

Post by BarryZeagman »

I want to replace the Factory Tonneau Cover on my 57, however instead of the usual vinyl cover I would prefer to install
one made with canvas. I recently changed the convertible top to Black canvas and it is a lot nicer than the vinyl.
Does anyone know where I can order this?
fordrodsteven

Re: Tonneau cover for 57 Thunderbird

Post by fordrodsteven »

Hi, For one thing your question is in the wrong place on this forum site. Anyway. I really don't know the answer to your question. I would first contact the suppliers to see if they have an option for canvas material tonneau covers. If the answer from them is "No" then I would go to a boat / sail shop to see if I could get one custom made there. They often make canvas sails, bimini tops and covers for boats.... and available in just about any color you want.
Steve - 1955 Thunderbird
Joe Johnston

Post by Joe Johnston »

Moved by Moderator
PLEASE invest a few bucks and buy all the shop manuals for your car. Definitely will save you much time and be an education.

55-57 VTCI Forum Moderator
57 Inca Gold-Colonial White
63SR Silver Mink
CSPIDY

Post by CSPIDY »

Having the original tonneau cover would make it easy for any automotive or boat appolsty shop make one out of what ever type material you want.
57 D code Colonial White

Wise man once told me, "you don't know what you don't know"

West Newton, PA
paul2748

Post by paul2748 »

If you want to match the top material, go to a regular auto upholstery shop and they should be able to get a matching material and make a cover using your old one as a sample
1956 Fiesta Red 312
1954 Ford Victoria 312
1948 Ford Convertible Street Rod 302