Personalized Dash Plaques?

This area is open to any (no profanities/etc.) subject you would like to discuss. NO VENDOR FOR SALE ITEMS

Moderator: Terri McNeill

GregL

Personalized Dash Plaques?

Post by GregL »

I have seen the brochures offered by what appears to be an aftermarket company, but available through your Ford dealer.
The brochure includes Thunderbird branded key chains, tie tacks, cuff links, etc. as well as the personalized dash plaques. What year were these dash plaques first offered and can anyone share a picture of where they are placed on the dash board please?
Thanks in advance,
Greg
Dansbirds

Re: Personalized Dash Plaques?

Post by Dansbirds »

E9626D38-CEE9-422D-AC4D-2E5B5120E337.jpeg
I had a dash plaque with my 59, it had the proper bird emblem and space for name, no sequence number. I also have some of the plaques for 65 Special Landaus, those have the correct bird emblem and space for name and production number out of the 4500 made. I don’t know if there was a set place to install them. It’s been so long now since I had my 59 I can’t even remember where it was mounted. The 65s I had were all mounted on the center dash near the a/c vent assy. I have seen other 65s mounted down by the window switch pack. Not sure if they did anything on the baby birds as our 57 didn’t have one. The latest one I’ve had personally was on my 83 Heritage, it mounted on the pass side dash trim but it was only the name, no emblem. So my personal experience would be 58-83
Have had over 40 t birds here from 57-2004
Currently have a 65,70,and 80 Silver Anniversary
GregL

Post by GregL »

Thanks for the info Dan. So the one on the left in your picture is for the '58-'60 T-bird?
Greg
Dansbirds

Post by Dansbirds »

Yes, I bought the car many years ago from a very small Ford dealer, one car showroom place and it was the owner who sold it to me. I personally haven’t seen another since but I assume it survived since it was his personal car and it was used so sparingly.
Have had over 40 t birds here from 57-2004
Currently have a 65,70,and 80 Silver Anniversary