Tbird concept EV

This area is open to any (no profanities/etc.) subject you would like to discuss. NO VENDOR FOR SALE ITEMS

Moderator: Terri McNeill

MarkR

Tbird concept EV

Post by MarkR »

Just saw a headline on Autoevolution about a new EV concept car based on the Thunderbird. Earlier this year Ford applied for a trademark on the Thunderbird name. I would have bet the farm that they would have done that decades ago.
I assumed the new Tbird EV would have been based on the two seater like we all have. Nope, looking at the pictures it appears to be based on the mid-seventies coupe.
Alan H. Tast

Re: Tbird concept EV

Post by Alan H. Tast »

If they can call an electric SUV a "Mustang"...not holding my breath yet. But, hey, I'm a slow adapter.
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster
ICON 1956

Post by ICON 1956 »

I saw the electric Mustang on a TV commercial, All I can say is NO COMMENT ! Ford just missed the boat. ::?
1956 Thunderbird Sage Green
1953 Ford Custom Liner Hot Rod With Flat 8 Motor with Henderson three 2 barrel Carbs
VTCI Member # 12309
klogsdonjr

Post by klogsdonjr »

I like to refer to body styles that don't match the spirit of the originals as car companies "losing their way". The new corvette seems that way to me, more european than corvette, the 80s thunderbird, the later mazda rx's.

I for one fully, Lord willing, intend to run my current engine for it's full life. But after that would have no problem switching out to an EV drivetrain. By then the din against these grand motors will drown out the motor rumble itself, and the cost should come down as well.

But for me, I want to keep the art on the road. It really does bring great joy to people, I'm sure you get as many "that's a beautiful car" as I do when motoring around town.
Ken
'56 Thunderbird 312 black/tuxedo
(originally sold in Louisville, KY)
Randy Mattson

Post by Randy Mattson »

Here's a picture
Here's a picture
I saw this picture on thunderbirdnest.com
Randy