Power Window switches

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1967-71 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
DavidCPayne

Power Window switches

Post by DavidCPayne »

Hello, I have a 67 2-door Landau which has the power window buttons in a cluster on the console. One of the buttons is not there and the others seem to work but the thing seems loose. I'm not sure what I'm looking for here and where to go to find this part/s.
2029mpalaima

Re: Power Window switches

Post by 2029mpalaima »

I know this is late, but I found replacement windows switches for my 68 at Thunderbird Headquarters. They are $$$$.
As for other switches that didn't work well, I sprayed them with a touch of wd-40 and worked them well. As always, a strong battery is needed to operate these windows.
Looking at the temperamental 6pin design and replacement costs, in the future I will rewire new switches.
cacockrum

Re: Power Window switches

Post by cacockrum »

I had Hydro-E-Lectric in Punta Gorda, FL (941-639-0437, hydroe.com) rework the switches in my ’68. They now work like new, and the cost was very reasonable; as I recall it was $35 per button plus shipping. And they returned them to me in less than two weeks. A quick phone call would tell you if they could replace the missing button.